One more room question from the rookie - Freedom of the Seas

arc918

No you won't feel a difference in movement from deck 6 to 7. I've been on Freedom and there is very little movement on that ship--- it's so large. It's beautiful. I sailed her back in 2007- when she was brand new... You'll love it- especially if that is your first cruise. That's a great way to start your cruising experience--- you'll definitely want to sail again after going on the Freedom... Have a wonderful time!:)

Earlier I posted about rooms 6304/6306.

Now I also have a crack at 7326/7328.

Any thoughts on one vs. the other?

Thanks again in advance!

On the Freedom, those are both good locations.

One note: USUALLY, E1 cabins are more expensive than E2. Price drops seem to occur more often on E2 than E1. They are, of course, exactly alike to the naked eye. ;-)

I'd stick with your original pair.

We sailed on FOS Sept 09 in cabin 6372 aft of the hump. Normally we try to book deck 10, but have really enjoyed being close to the Promenade and the dining rooms, so we booked one deck up so everything is easily walkable. There can be crowds on the elevators, so we try to take the stairs if its just a deck or two hike. DECK 7 should be fine, but the cabins being so close to the hump may have some minor impaired visibility aft. But if you think you want to be closer to the pool deck, you may want something around deck 9 or 10. Bottom line: get something closer to where you'll be spending most of your time.

And I know you will enjoy FOS, she is an awesome ship.!

It would depend on what you like. I was on Deck 7 on Freedom of the Seas, and aft. Deck 7 you are on the same floor as the library, if you have a need for that. My personal preference is starboard side, and next to the elevators. I prefer middle of the ship, but, sometimes you can't always get what you want. On Freedom, I ended up on Port Side, but was happy enough to be next to the elevators, but I was aft. If you have never been on a cruise before, look at the lay out of the ship, and try to imagine what will be important to you.

You have the Windjammer cafe on Deck 11, Dining rooms are usually decks, 3,4 & 5. Promenade Deck is deck 5, where all the shopping, customer service, and parades happen. When it is busy, you will most likely take the stairs instead of waiting for the elevators, so, that is the big difference between which deck you will be on.

Freedom is a big ship, but it is very new and updated. Have a great trip!

having never cruised it is a little hard to know - I see myself running on the track in the early mornings (sunrise) everyday, I see myself flowridering and eating lots of food

sound like I can't go wrong with either

Archived