ultimate card and milkshake

Jo and Rob

Are you saying that you don't normally have icecream in milkshakes in the UK??:eek::confused::eek:

Absolutely, I have never had a milkshake with icecream in. To be honest I'm not that keen on them - they are made with milk and either powder (nesquick) or syrup(I think this is fairly new).

I shall certainly be trying the all Americain milkshake. Out of interest what else does it have in it? Milk I presume?

I'll be darn, learn something everyday. I know they make foo foo drinks for kids but never had a clue they make milk shakes.:eek::D Will have one 71 days 15 hours and 21 minutes by my trusty Princess count down clock.:cool:

Absolutely, I have never had a milkshake with icecream in. To be honest I'm not that keen on them - they are made with milk and either powder (nesquick) or syrup(I think this is fairly new).

I shall certainly be trying the all Americain milkshake. Out of interest what else does it have in it? Milk I presume?

You poor Pommies! I never realised :eek:!!

Well milkshakes in Australia are NOT milkshakes unless they have icecream in them. Otherwise they are just flavoured milk.

Milkshakes here have milk, flavouring (syrup), icecream and sometimes malt.

We also have thickshakes here that are essentially milkshakes that have the milk and icecream quantities reversed. That is the majority is icecream and the minority is milk. It has to be thick enough that you have difficulty sucking it up a straw.

I believe it is the same in America. Am I right you Americans out there????:D

You poor Pommies! I never realised :eek:!!

Well milkshakes in Australia are NOT milkshakes unless they have icecream in them. Otherwise they are just flavoured milk.

Milkshakes here have milk' date=' flavouring, icecream and sometimes malt.

We also have thickshakes here that are essentially milkshakes that have the milk and icecream quantities reversed. That is the majority is icecream and the minority is milk. It has to be thick enough that you have difficulty sucking it up a straw.

I believe it is the same in America. Am I right you Americans out there????:D[/quote']

In Uk all Macdonalds make their milkshakes with Ice Cream in them I have not partaken in other fast food outlets but they probably do as well. They call them thickshakes so perhaps this is why they have icecream in them:)

In Uk all Macdonalds make their milkshakes with Ice Cream in them I have not partaken in other fast food outlets but they probably do as well. They call them thickshakes so perhaps this is why they have icecream in them:)

Maybe they are like us and don't frequent Macdonalds restaurants.

I agree that what Macdonalds sell is thickshakes, but they were talking about milkshakes and the fact that in Pommieland they don't have icecream in milkshakes. :eek::D

Well I have spent many years researching this topic (and I have the hips to prove it!:p).

IMHO A Milkshake is 2 scoops ice cream, Hersey syrup (well other flavors but never have tried them) 1/4 cup, and 1/2 cup milk. Needs to be placed on milkshake machine or in blender. Thick smooth liquid but easy to sip with a straw.

A thickshake is essentially soft serve ice milk -- or slightly melted soft ice cream. Also called a Blizzard (Dairy Queen) when lots of cookies etc put in and stirred. As OP said This is hard to sip with a straw.

Milk with chocolate syrup is chocolate milk unless you heat it and then call it Hot Chocolate. For Coca you cook coca POWDER with milk and sugar.

I accept your great thanks for all the research I have done.:D

Sorry to confuse the matter further, but in parts of New England, a "milkshake" is just milk with chocolate syrup, and to get one with ice cream you must order a "frappe." There's also something called a "cabinet" but I'm not sure where they're from.

I'm always surprised when people don't know what an ice cream soda is, namely milk, choco syrup, seltzer, and ice cream. And to make matters worse, here in NY we have an "egg cream," which is an ice cream soda minus the ice cream (don't ask me why they call it that, I dont think anyone knows).

We're on the Emerald leaving on 3/7 - hope some of us meet there!!

Enjoy!! :cool:

hey new englanders, do you guys have boston coolers there? in michigan it is vernors and ice cream, kind of like an ice cream float. it is strange it is called a boston cooler since vernors is a michigan thing. incase anyone doesn't know, vernors is a form of ginger ale. Next question, what is an ultimate card and how much does it cost?

Just in case you think a McDonalds thick shake is natural ingredients:

Chocolate Triple Thick® Shake:

Vanilla Reduced Fat Ice Cream: Milk, sugar, cream, nonfat milk solids, corn syrup solids, mono- and diglycerides, guar gum, dextrose, sodium citrate, artificial vanilla flavor, sodium phosphate, carrageenan, disodium phosphate, cellulose gum, vitamin A palmitate.

CONTAINS: MILK.

Chocolate Syrup: High fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, cocoa (processed with alkali), natural (botanical source) and artificial flavors, caramel color, salt, potassium sorbate (preservative), artificial flavor (vanillin), red 40. May contain small amounts of other shake flavors served at the restaurant, including egg ingredients when Egg Nog Shakes are available. :eek:

Alligator, i had forgotton about the boston cooler! I used to love them from the a&w here in bay city, michigan. Excellent description! I too would like to know what this ultimate card is. Sounds interesting. An ultimate ice cream card??

hey new englanders, do you guys have boston coolers there? in michigan it is vernors and ice cream, kind of like an ice cream float. it is strange it is called a boston cooler since vernors is a michigan thing. incase anyone doesn't know, vernors is a form of ginger ale. Next question, what is an ultimate card and how much does it cost?

Alligator,

Haven't heard of a Boston Cooler...Is is an A and W Root Beer thing?

Not too many A and W's in New England.

I don't know about the ultimate card either, so I will leave that to the op's.

What's Verners?

Sorry to confuse the matter further, but in parts of New England, a "milkshake" is just milk with chocolate syrup, and to get one with ice cream you must order a "frappe." There's also something called a "cabinet" but I'm not sure where they're from.

I'm always surprised when people don't know what an ice cream soda is, namely milk, choco syrup, seltzer, and ice cream. And to make matters worse, here in NY we have an "egg cream," which is an ice cream soda minus the ice cream (don't ask me why they call it that, I dont think anyone knows).

We're on the Emerald leaving on 3/7 - hope some of us meet there!!

Enjoy!! :cool:

cabinet is the RI word for a frappe or milkshake in other parts of the country

Enjoy your cruise

Next question, what is an ultimate card and how much does it cost?

I have the official answer from a Princess email. The Ultimate card was originally designed for children but now I think more adults buy them. (From age 2 to 102 years)

"The Ultimate Kids Package is like a soda card, except that it costs $9 per day +15% gratuity. Open to both kids and adults, the package includes the following components (which cover almost all non-alcoholic beverage related sales apart from canned sodas (exception Root Beer and souvenir items):

Unlimited Soda Package and Tumbler

Unlimited Malt Shakes / Thick Shakes (Only in Sundaes & Scoops respectively)

Free Root Beer – Cans (Available in all locations where we would facilitate Fountain Soda for the unlimited soda package.)

Free Hot Chocolate

Free Fruit Juices

Complimentary Mocktails

One Kid’s Whirly Straw

Root Beer will be available at all Bar Locations excluding Bell box.

Please Note. Root Beer will not be part of the Coca Cola program; it will only be available via U.K.P. Therefore all participants of the Coca Cola program who possess a Coca Cola sticker will be charged for Root Beer.

Malt Shakes / Thick Shakes will only be available at the Sundaes / Scoops Ice Cream Bar – participants of the program will be able to choose from a selection of Thick Malt shakes.

Vanilla or Vanilla Malt

Chocolate or Chocolate Malt

Caramel or Caramel Malt

Strawberry or Strawberry Malt

On Explorer class vessels (Ocean, Pacific & Royal Princess), the charge is $7 per day + 15% gratuity because they have no Sundaes/Scoops location. "

What is root beer? Is it ginger beer?

just in case you think a mcdonalds thick shake is natural ingredients:

chocolate triple thick® shake:

vanilla reduced fat ice cream: Milk, sugar, cream, nonfat milk solids, corn syrup solids, mono- and diglycerides, guar gum, dextrose, sodium citrate, artificial vanilla flavor, sodium phosphate, carrageenan, disodium phosphate, cellulose gum, vitamin a palmitate.

contains: Milk.

chocolate syrup: High fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, cocoa (processed with alkali), natural (botanical source) and artificial flavors, caramel color, salt, potassium sorbate (preservative), artificial flavor (vanillin), red 40. May contain small amounts of other shake flavors served at the restaurant, including egg ingredients when egg nog shakes are available. :eek:

tmi

Archived