ultimate card and milkshake

Jo and Rob

The UKP being available for adults, is good news, I love the mocktails, shakes and Hot chocolate, so a good deal for me. Thanks for posting the reply you received from Princess.

Just to add, incase anyone is worried about milkshakes in the UK, we do have them made with ice cream. Milk and syrup would be called flavoured milk here as well.

ok, this UKP card sounds really interesting. I get the jist of it, just a couple of questions.

What kind of virgin drinks can you arder? apart from the popular pina coladas and the strawberry daquiris?

and do the bars really have fruit smoothies? and if so, what kind can you get with the UKP?

Thanks in advance.....

It might be worth it for us to buy on our next trip.

ok, this UKP card sounds really interesting. I get the jist of it, just a couple of questions.

What kind of virgin drinks can you arder? apart from the popular pina coladas and the strawberry daquiris?

and do the bars really have fruit smoothies? and if so, what kind can you get with the UKP?

Thanks in advance.....

It might be worth it for us to buy on our next trip.

We experimented with all kinds of virgin drinks. We tried a "peninsula', a raspberry mojito, a strawberry banana colada, and numerous other drinks that looked good from the regular bar menus. We just asked them to substitute fruit juice, sprite, or club soda for any alcohol. Most bartenders were happy to get "creative" for us. Yes, the bars made fruit smoothies. The specific fruit smoothies are listed on the back pages of the bar menus located in the lounges and around the bar counters. Some bartenders in the lounges gave us a perplexed look and didn't seem to know what we were talking about, so we just tried a different one. Most of the bars around the pool decks knew exactly what we were talking about when we said that we wanted a smoothie with our UKP card. Any fruit smoothie off the bar/lounge menu EXCEPT the spa/energy smoothies are available. We got the strawberry banana smoothie a lot and I think a mango berry smoothie or something like that--sorry I can't remember specifics. We really enjoyed having the UKP sticker...hopefully you'll get to try it and enjoy it as much as we did!

I LOVE Dr. Pepper; absolutely my favorite soda!! It's like a cherry coke, but so much better. :)

Well, your Dr Pepper must be different to the Dr Pepper they introduced into Australia about 5 years ago. Lasted about 6 months, before they admitted defeat. Different taste buds. Seems you guys LOVE Starbucks too. They are closing some of the stores here, not popular.

Then again, we have the famous Vegemite. (Which we LOVE):eek::D

Does anyone else have evil thoughts like me,, you know,, all this talk of unlimited virgin drinks and mocktails,,all for only 72 dollars ,, well, I am thinking of smuggling some white rum onboard,,, I wasn't before.. but now... I can see how easy it would be to just add a splash of fun to every drink... I know, bad bad bad..

Years ago on Princess you could legally order a bottle of hard liquor for the cabin,, can you still do that?? I would feel better doing that if they still allow it. I know the bottle won't be as cheap as bringing from home, but, it would be legal and still cheaper then buying fancy mixed cocktails .

Does anyone else have evil thoughts like me,, you know,, all this talk of unlimited virgin drinks and mocktails,,all for only 72 dollars ,, well, I am thinking of smuggling some white rum onboard,,, I wasn't before.. but now... I can see how easy it would be to just add a splash of fun to every drink... I know, bad bad bad..

Years ago on Princess you could legally order a bottle of hard liquor for the cabin,, can you still do that?? I would feel better doing that if they still allow it. I know the bottle won't be as cheap as bringing from home, but, it would be legal and still cheaper then buying fancy mixed cocktails .

OMG NOOOOO!!!!! PG NOOOO!!!!!

Don't have evil thoughts like these NOOOO;)

To be honest my DS came into our stateroom with a virgin Pina Colada on our CB cruise, I stared at it and turned into a mad woman and grabbed it and threw a dash of something into it. Honestly it didn't taste Princessly delightful

Isn't it enough that we BCers must feign a smile and lie that we are excited about the upcoming games and the havic the games are inflecting on Vancover and Whistler and surrounding areas??

OMG NOOOOO!!!!! PG NOOOO!!!!!

Don't have evil thoughts like these NOOOO;)

To be honest my DS came into our stateroom with a virgin Pina Colada on our CB cruise, I stared at it and turned into a mad woman and grabbed it and threw a dash of something into it. Honestly it didn't taste Princessly delightful

Isn't it enough that we BCers must feign a smile and lie that we are excited about the upcoming games and the havic the games are inflecting on Vancover and Whistler and surrounding areas??

quincytoo,,, I do hope you have booked a cruise for that time,, its going to be a mad house,, traffic and road closures,, you have my full sympathy.

• 3 weeks later...

We are just back from the Crown and bought the Ultimate card. It was brilliant and we really enjoyed the mocktails the most rather than drinking loads of fizzy drinks. What was especially good was that we were able to use it on Princess Cays (only one waiter said no) unlike the soda card that you definitely can't use as they don't have the soda fountains.

The waiters were very attentive and were just as ready to serve people with soda and ultimate cards as cruise cards.

The only bummer is that all those virgin drinks and mocktails are so SWEET , loaded with sugar & fat!After just 1-2......yuck!Add another 10 lbs. due to the vacation.

What was especially good was that we were able to use it on Princess Cays (only one waiter said no) unlike the soda card that you definitely can't use as they don't have the soda fountains.

The waiters were very attentive and were just as ready to serve people with soda and ultimate cards as cruise cards.

Cool - that's even another reason to justify me buying that one.

It might along the lines of Dandelion and Burdock(sp). It's been so long since I've had it though. Also, can someone clarify calling brits Pommies. Doesn't that stand for Prisoner of Mother England so it would be a not so nice slang name for Aussies. Or is that term South Sea Pommie? I'm assuming everyone on this post is using them as endearments. I didn't see (or I missed it) any one mention floats - which is soda (pop in Canada) with a scoop of ice-cream in it, usually root beer but also coke, pepsi and partucular good with orange soda which makes it taste like a creamsicle.

Hi

I believe the expression Pommie comes from the old migration scheme that encouraged Brits to emigrate to Oz for £1 - hence 'Pound Only Migrants' becoming Pommies!!! I'm a Pom :) and had a fantastic holiday in Australia. Lovely weather, great scenery - and the locals weren't too bad either:D. Despite popular belief, we do like each other a lot - honest!!!

What exactly can you get with the Ultimate Drink Card. I see about Mocktails...but what about juices and soda? Thanks.

"The Ultimate Kids Package is like a soda card, except that it costs $9 per day +15% gratuity. Open to both kids and adults, the package includes the following components (which cover almost all non-alcoholic beverage related sales apart from canned sodas (exception Root Beer and souvenir items):

Unlimited Soda Package and Tumbler

Unlimited Malt Shakes / Thick Shakes (Only in Sundaes & Scoops respectively)

Free Root Beer – Cans (Available in all locations where we would facilitate Fountain Soda for the unlimited soda package.)

Free Hot Chocolate

Free Fruit Juices

Complimentary Mocktails

One Kid’s Whirly Straw

Root Beer will be available at all Bar Locations excluding Bell box.

Please Note. Root Beer will not be part of the Coca Cola program; it will only be available via U.K.P. Therefore all participants of the Coca Cola program who possess a Coca Cola sticker will be charged for Root Beer.

Malt Shakes / Thick Shakes will only be available at the Sundaes / Scoops Ice Cream Bar – participants of the program will be able to choose from a selection of Thick Malt shakes.

Vanilla or Vanilla Malt

Chocolate or Chocolate Malt

Caramel or Caramel Malt

Strawberry or Strawberry Malt

We are just back from the Crown and bought the Ultimate card. It was brilliant and we really enjoyed the mocktails the most rather than drinking loads of fizzy drinks. What was especially good was that we were able to use it on Princess Cays (only one waiter said no) unlike the soda card that you definitely can't use as they don't have the soda fountains.

What can you get while on Princess Cays, can you get soda or just mocktails with the Ultimate card?

Archived