photographs on Princess

Jo and Rob

To answer the OPs question. Yes you can buy the digital copies but not without buying the hard copies. We just did it on the CB. They have a deal were you get a card and it has places for stamps. When you buy 3 photos you get the fourth free. There are 3 rows of the buy 3 get the fourth free. If during your cruise you end up with all 12 photos you will get the digital copies on a CD. This is not done automatically so it is up to you to let the photo staff know you want to participate in the plan. Ask for the details when you get on the ship. Having the digital copies is a huge plus for reprints.

I found that they are the raw copies and I had to crop 2 of them myself because the edge of the backdrop can be seen in the digital file but not on the hard print.

What a great picture!!

Has anyone purchased a photo book while on their cruise?

We bought the book. When you buy your photos you tell the staff that you bought the book. They will set up a folder for you on the computer and when you buy another print you just make sure that it is added to your folder. They do this while you wait and there is another screen so passangers can see the photos being moved. At the end of the cruise they will give you an access number for the web site that you build the book on. The same code was also emailed to me the day I got home.

To answer the OPs question. Yes you can buy the digital copies but not without buying the hard copies. We just did it on the CB. They have a deal were you get a card and it has places for stamps. When you buy 3 photos you get the fourth free. There are 3 rows of the buy 3 get the fourth free. If during your cruise you end up with all 12 photos you will get the digital copies on a CD. This is not done automatically so it is up to you to let the photo staff know you want to participate in the plan. Ask for the details when you get on the ship. Having the digital copies is a huge plus for reprints.

I found that they are the raw copies and I had to crop 2 of them myself because the edge of the backdrop can be seen in the digital file but not on the hard print.

We bought the book. When you buy your photos you tell the staff that you bought the book. They will set up a folder for you on the computer and when you buy another print you just make sure that it is added to your folder. They do this while you wait and there is another screen so passangers can see the photos being moved. At the end of the cruise they will give you an access number for the web site that you build the book on. The same code was also emailed to me the day I got home.

It's always nice to know a little info on this type of thing prior to boarding -- especially making sure to let the photo staff know what your intentions are and keeping an eye on them to make sure you receive what you bought:p.

Another poster (markstudy) started a thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1158706 I'm hoping it works -- re some tips about the photo book as well as a link once he received it -- some really great pics.

Archived