Club02 questions

robvan

So my 17 year old is asking about club02. Do they need change or s&s for the video games, etc? What are the hours? Do many kids use club02?

The video games usetokens that you buy using the s&s and can mount up fast. I think it depends on which ship as to how many kids use the club. It was a great place to connect with kids of the right age and from there they did a lot of hanging out together. There are some activities that are planned that range from dance lessons(my son learned some hip-hop) and dances to sports stuff. My son who is nearly 17 is looking forward to his 3rd experience in O2. There is usually a sign up the first night at about 8:30, and a dance that night. I think there may be some Capers around here that list the activities but I'm not sure exactly where.

There will be some "open play" times on the games in the arcade when they don't need to pay, but generally they will need tokens to play the arcade games (you buy the tokens with the S&S card). If it's video games in Club O2, there's no extra charge.

Club O2 gets going after lunch and then goes to about midnight. Our oldest generally found that lots of kids participated in Club O2 overall, but you might get very few doing the individual scheduled activities. If he didn't care for the scheduled activity, he and other kids from Club O2 would go do something else - play cards, or do a sports activity. We did 6 cruises with our oldest in Club O2 and we only saw him for meals and shore excursions - he absolutely loved it.

Everything in the Club 02 room was no charge. Smoothies, sodas, snacks, electronic games depending on what is scheduled.

The ships arcade does charge. DD has gone to the arcade when it was a group function, then she was given tokens.

Last cruise on the Paradise the kids were given bags on the first night.

There was an event called smoothly tasting which amounted to a tray of smoothies being set down and everyone taking one, but they were free that time.

There are video game tournaments and other functions all free with Club O2. There is a also an arcade for the general public on the ship with limited games that you need to buy tokens.

Are you serious? Free smoothies and sodas at certain times? Sweet!

Also does this club do scavenger hunts around the ship or is that just Circle C?

Thanks

sodas, smoothie, games-like WII are durng certain times-- which will be listed in their pages.

Is the Teen Counselor (or Teen Director or whatever it is they're called) generally present?

I've offered to take my goddaughter on a carnival cruise for her 16th birthday (but we'd actually just before her 17th birthday as my vacation time is already planned for 2010) but her mom is "concerned" about her coming home pregnant!

I assured her that the teen clubs were supervised and if she wasn't there, she'd be with me or out and about on the ship (no where private enough for THAT).

I just want to know how much supervision the 15-17 year olds have.

Is the Teen Counselor (or Teen Director or whatever it is they're called) generally present?

I've offered to take my goddaughter on a carnival cruise for her 16th birthday (but we'd actually just before her 17th birthday as my vacation time is already planned for 2010) but her mom is "concerned" about her coming home pregnant!

I assured her that the teen clubs were supervised and if she wasn't there, she'd be with me or out and about on the ship (no where private enough for THAT).

Yes, the director is there - but there is no formal sign-in and sign-out, and the kids are free to come and go as they want. As I said above, if my son was not interested in the scheduled Club O2 activity, he went off with some friends to do something else.

wow --how sad.

But ya know a girl who would go on a cruise and come back pregnant--the same can happen in a regular school day too. If her mom did her job then that thought should never come into play.

a counselor is present but when the kids are not in the club they can be anywhere on the ship-

It would be up to you to enforce some rules--like staying out of other cabins and staying in the public areas at all times.

Hiya meatloafsfan,

My oldest two do Club O2, and just like a previous poster said, they often go the first night or two, meet new friends, and don't go back terribly much. They do seem to enjoy teen hang time. But often, they are not as interested in the offering at Club O2, and end up on the Lido playing games, sitting in a stairwell playing guitar, or hanging in the hot tub.

wow --how sad.

But ya know a girl who would go on a cruise and come back pregnant--the same can happen in a regular school day too. If her mom did her job then that thought should never come into play.

Yowza. That's pretty harsh. Most of us with kids know that at some point, no matter how well you've raised them, and 'taught' them, they will make mistakes. You either don't have kids, or are setting yourself up for a very, very big surprise in the future. :)

Yowza. That's pretty harsh. Most of us with kids know that at some point, no matter how well you've raised them, and 'taught' them, they will make mistakes. You either don't have kids, or are setting yourself up for a very, very big surprise in the future. :)

I have three ---all grown= thank you. wasnt meant to be harsh.

The poster mentioned the mom worried about her daughter going on a cruise and coming back pregnant== what can happen on a ship can happen anywhere. not just on vacation.

So my 17 year old is asking about club02. Do they need change or s&s for the video games, etc? What are the hours? Do many kids use club02?

Make sure they go the first night. Everyone is the new kid the first night, so that seems to be the night new friendships are made that last throughout the cruise and beyond.

According to my son the staff person announced the event and got it started and then sat in their booth most of the time. While I don't think anything really inappropriate would occur in the teen center, they are free to come and go as they please and could easily go back to a cabin or hang out anywhere in the ship. I noticed many kids laying on the floor talking in the lobby area outside the teen center. I think your goddaughters mothers concerns might be beyond the limits of what Carnival has set up.

Archived