Mariner Owner Suites location?

kath00

We are looking to book a cruise to Mexico this Spring and have a lot of choices on some of the cruises as to the location of the Owner's Suite to book.

Can anyone advise us where the best cabins are. Some have cabins RIGHT by the elevators on the hump and I would think they might be a bit noisy. I also heard that there are crew elevators right behind the hump? And a pool pump??? I dunno. Maybe I am outthinking myself.

Can someone who sailed on this class of ships advise us as to a good location on Deck 10 OS?

Thanks!

katherine

Hey, I'll be able to report on her sister ship after we cruise in March. As far as I know all the OS's are midships on the two ships and if you want to be elsewhere you have to go into a GS. We sailed in a GS on Navigator last March and loved it, so I don't think you'd be going wrong there (we were forward on the Starboard side near the fore elevators).

There is a good site with lots of info about these ships here that I recently found:

http://www.voyager-class.com/

Thank you! What a fantastic link!

I wish someone would take pix of the hallways too though. I am worried about hallway noise being by the elevators, although I LOVE the idea of the convenience of being right there on the hump.

Katherine

We stayed in 1630 last year and have booked 1320 (right on the hump) this year. 1630 is on the port side and had terrific views coming into Cabo. It was a bit down the hallway from the elevators. I booked that one so I wasn't near the elevators, but after seeing the layout, we wanted the convenience of being right next to them as well as the hump "view".

I've tried attaching a picture of the elevators looking at the stairs. There are elevators on both sides of the ship. I don't think the noise from the stairs would be an issue and as far as people walking by, I don't think it would be anymore than a room down the hall a bit. I don't think they would have put the Royal Suite right there if noise was much of an issue.

IMG_2931e.jpg.e0f8975c4dc1efb9822d6fa943410730.jpg

Just finished a week on Mariner - 1594, Port side, adjacent 1598

Grand Suite, 1600 Owner's Suite, and Royal Suite - really no noise

issues at all in that area. The only thing we noticed were the crew

access doors on each side of the ship in the center - at night, we

occasionally heard someone slam one of them or rattle something

over the threshold. But FAR from annoying.

The Mariner walls are more sound deadened than any previous ship

we've been on. With the balcony door shut, it was SILENT in there

at night, except for the once-in-a-while clang of the service doors.

Elevators are not a concern anywhere on Mariner.

Some one asked about halls - all the decks above 6 they are quite

wide. 6 and below quite narrow, along the lines of Vision Class.

Dave

RainyPNW

I can't tell if the picture is the port or starboard side elevator. Assume it is the port side, you are looking towards the rear of the ship. Between the stairs/elevator the rooms would be to the right, maybe about 30 feet away (maybe more). Rooms 1628 would be left down the hall a bit, with 1630 further down.

See this link to give you some perspective.

http://voyager-class.com/virtualtour/deck10/deck10.html

Thank you very much. So if we gran 1630, a little to the back of the elevators on the port side, we should be ok? Is there no CREW elevator or door around there? I just know I read a post someplace about noise in that area but I could have misread...

Thanks,

Katherine

We had 1630 last year and heard nothing. I think the "gray" areas in the layout may be service elevators, but we never noticed. The port side did give us great views coming into cabo, but even though 1630 is available on our sailing, opted for 1320 for the extra convenience and hump. If I wasn't able to get 1320, I probably would have gone for 1628 or 1630.

We did just about everything we could on that cruise. I have never been so exhuasted in my life. Up by 7am, in by 3am.

Thanks! We are chosing between 1630 and 1320. So the hump is better? I am not planning on doing much on this cruise so the cabin is a biggie for me. Everyone tells me to get PORT side cuz of Cabo. But I think I too would prefer 1320 otherwise, except that it's starboard. Can you see land sailing home to LA those last 2 days?

Port side did give great views in Cabo. I sat on the balcony and had breakfast and was in heaven. Also, leaving PV we went south down the coast for a while and was able to see land, it was awesome. Wanted to have dinner on the balcony that night, but there was a thunderstorm. It was July, so I don't know how light it will be in the spring. I don't recall seeing land on the way back, but it could have been the marine layer hurting visibility. I'm pretty sure you can only see land coming/leaving port, except for that stretch south of PV. Also, maybe when leaving Mazatlan towards PV.

As much as we were out and about, we did go back and forth to the cabin often. It was so comfortable, just couldn't resist. That's why we took 1320 this time.

Thanks for the info! Both seem very close to the elevators and I am a cabin rat and love to hang out in the privacy of my own room. That's why location is so important for me anyway. DH is the opposite -- he roams around all day.

We were in 1320 on the Mariner twice. We loved the location, right around the corner from the stairs and elevators and had no noise from the hall other cabins. However, we did have lots of kids (I am assuming that mature adults wouldn't do something like this ;)) ringing our doorbell and then running away. It was very annoying, to say the least.

Just to follow up -- thanks for all of the great advice. We just could not resist the "hump" room so we booked 1320 finally! Cruise docs are issued and our passport renewals are on their way. I will post lots of pix when we get back. Thanks again! Katherine

Archived