Taking food back to your room

Jo and Rob

No trays unless you take the one from a previous room service order with you from your stateroom. Even then, with elevators and lots of walking to and from (depending on where your stateroom is located of course) it can be a long hike from buffet to stateroom and Princess doesn't supply plate covers, so you need to put an extra plate over the food to keep it warm (which makes it twice as heavy). Princess has extra large platters in the buffet which can hold tons of food. Many often order drinks from room service and then send one person to the buffet for the food. Or, both head to the buffet and carry back their choices. ;)

I've read some people bring back orange juice to make drinks later in their room (from the Horizon Court breakfast). The juice glasses aren't very large....so I was wondering if they take more than one? It seems like it is kind of obvious what they are doing....or is it just me? :D

I've read some people bring back orange juice to make drinks later in their room (from the Horizon Court breakfast). The juice glasses aren't very large....so I was wondering if they take more than one? It seems like it is kind of obvious what they are doing....or is it just me? :D

Or have them put it in a bigger glass. ;)

I am curious to know how people manage to carry drinks and food back to their room. Do they have trays? If not what is the secret?

Why would you want to? Are you worried they might run out of food for the next day?

Every night before bed we go the HC and get a cup of tea and the evil cookies :D (they call my name) take them back to our room, we use one of the giant plates as a tray,

Me too..... and I thought I was the only one, but I do take carton of milk sometimes instead of tea to have with evil cookies :)

Cori

I have "empty bottles" on my travel list just for this purpose. I take a wide-mouth bottle and fill it with juice for the afternoon. I don't drink soda and water gets a little boring after a while. I also usually add "cranberry juice" to my list (ask for 2 or more) on the breakfast room service menu, then fill up my bottle and stick it in the fridge for vodka/cranberry drinks later in the day. Works well for me and the empty bottles don't weigh anything if you worry about suitcase weight for flights.

I have "empty bottles" on my travel list just for this purpose. I take a wide-mouth bottle and fill it with juice for the afternoon. I don't drink soda and water gets a little boring after a while. I also usually add "cranberry juice" to my list (ask for 2 or more) on the breakfast room service menu, then fill up my bottle and stick it in the fridge for vodka/cranberry drinks later in the day. Works well for me and the empty bottles don't weigh anything if you worry about suitcase weight for flights.

Do you get the juice from the buffet? Do you just keep asking for orange juice or whatever until it fills up your bottle? lol

And this is one of the reasons that juice is only served with breakfast now complimentary. Too many filling bottles with juice and taking it back to their stateroom so they could mix their own drinks. ;)

....and having to ask for lemonaid:)

You joke about running out of food? We raisin bran addicts are always facing impending doom near the end of cruises -- the little boxes of raisin bran have run out on more than one cruise. I recall recently when I had to bribe a waiter to go down to the crew dining room to obtain my "fix."

Now I avoid imminent breakfast starvation by stockpiling the little boxes, and then eating down the stockpile on the last few days. Still have to hope for the best, though, on the soy milk.:)

Bill

The new line of rolls, wraps and sandwiches served at lunch make a great take to the room snack as they are pre-wrapped in cling wrap. I also use a huge thermos mug ( with lid) that holds the equivalent of two HC cups....good value.

I also take a plate of nibblies out the to pool area to enjoy with drinks.

Bon Appetite

The new line of rolls, wraps and sandwiches served at lunch make a great take to the room snack as they are pre-wrapped in cling wrap. I also use a huge thermos mug ( with lid) that holds the equivalent of two HC cups....good value.

I also take a plate of nibblies out the to pool area to enjoy with drinks.

Bon Appetite

What sort of nibbles do they have? Do they have crisps or nuts?

Archived