MCO to Port Canaveral questions

arc918

We're flying into MCO a few days early. We'll rent a car and stay with friends near Orlando. I'm trying to figure out the best way to drop off the rental car and get to the cruise on Sunday morning.

Not sure if I'll have to drop the car back off at MCO and then hop a bus/taxi to the ship or what. Or perhaps I can drop the car off at a rental place in Port Canaveral? We're a family of four if that matters at all.

Thanks in advance!

Depends who you rent with. Most of the major rental car companies have locations near the port. This would be preferable, as it's about 40 minutes from the airport.

There may be a small fee for a "one way" rental.

Hi we are renting from Hertz at MCO and returning at the location in Cape Canaveral the next morning before we go on the cruise.

perfect - I'm guessing we're not the first people to do such a thing...

I'll check with some rental companies and find us the best deal overall

We are doing this in June and I called the companies to find out which ones were on the airport grounds at Orlando. I hate it when you have to catch a shuttle with all of your luggage just to get a rental car.

Avis and Budget are both at the airport and both have facilities in Port Canaveral. Hertz is not on airport grounds at Orlando but the do have a drop off in Port Canaveral.

We chose Avis. They had the best price when I was shopping.

Hope this helps.

Tigers2425

We're flying into MCO a few days early. We'll rent a car and stay with friends near Orlando. I'm trying to figure out the best way to drop off the rental car and get to the cruise on Sunday morning.

Not sure if I'll have to drop the car back off at MCO and then hop a bus/taxi to the ship or what. Or perhaps I can drop the car off at a rental place in Port Canaveral? We're a family of four if that matters at all.

Thanks in advance!

I also found Avis to be cheaper although they charged me a drop off charge. I'm picking up the car after the cruise and returning at MCO.

My husband and I rent a car from Enterprise at MCO and drop it off at Enterprise rental place in Cape Canaveral. Then Enterprise drive us to the port. And when we come back from the cruise, Enterprise pick us up at the port and drop us off at their office in Cape Canaveral to get the car and we drive it back to MCO to drop it off.

We are doing this in June and I called the companies to find out which ones were on the airport grounds at Orlando. I hate it when you have to catch a shuttle with all of your luggage just to get a rental car.

Avis and Budget are both at the airport and both have facilities in Port Canaveral. Hertz is not on airport grounds at Orlando but the do have a drop off in Port Canaveral.

We chose Avis. They had the best price when I was shopping.

Hope this helps.

Tigers2425

Correct that Hertz is not on property, but in many ways, it's preferable. The buses are almost constant. They big and roomy, with easy low step access. And when you get to the facility, there is usually little or no wait, and a loading area. At the airport, you sometimes have quite a hike to the vehicle, and you have to take your luggage. At the off airport Hertz, you can go get the car and come back to the check in area to pick up your family and luggage.

I only say this because I'm usually like you and prefer the on property rentals. But this particular location is pretty unique.

My husband and I rent a car from Enterprise at MCO and drop it off at Enterprise rental place in Cape Canaveral. Then Enterprise drive us to the port. And when we come back from the cruise, Enterprise pick us up at the port and drop us off at their office in Cape Canaveral to get the car and we drive it back to MCO to drop it off.

interesting - it would have guessed it would be logistically easier to not have to drive yourself back to MCO after the cruise

Archived