Crasiest or Dumbest things you have heard people complain about

spyder1

On on transatlantic cruise from Southampton to FLL last November, a woman from England complained that she felt like she was being held hostage on the ship because of all the sea days. There were 4. After debarking in FL, she was going to New York and taking the Queen Mary back to England. 7 days at sea! What did she think she signed up for?

• Haha 2

We were on a cruise and we would go to the comedy club at night and we sat with this couple as we met them through camp carnival as our children were about the same age...Well the husband would order a double vodka and cranberry and they would bring it each night and he didn't like it so he would have them make him another (now I benifited from his as I drank the drink he didnt like which was fine!) so he would order a double but then only drink the one made with a single shot. He insisted that somehow there vodka was stronger then regular vodka...he did this three nights before he finally just ended up ordering something else...rather strange...

In Athens we were in the Plaka enjoying an icecream when a couple of American women from our ship went to go buy an icecream too. They started complaining loudly when they were told that they don't accept US dollars and that they would need to pay in Euro's. Apparently they didn't have any Euro's because they "were on an American cruise so they should only have to use American money". I just rolled my eyes and continued to enjoy my delicious European ice-cream lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my. As I read these posts I alternate between laughing and groaning. Some people just seem so ridiculous and their actions are good for a laugh. However, there are others who are so rude and insensitive, that you hate having to admit you're from the same race (the human race)!

Carol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This reminded me of a non-cruise story, but I think it is apropos. This couple that we knew through work ate at restaurants almost every night. And, by their own admission, the list of restaurants they were still welcome at was dwindling. They complained at all the area establishments, but would keep returning to the same places, and then voicing additional complaints. Finally they would be told, "If we are so awful, you obviously should find another place to eat. We would appreciate it if you don't come back here anymore." Which they found highly insulting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And another story comes to mind -- we were on a Royal Caribbean cruise and were seated at dinner with a mother and two small daughters, plus the grandmother. The mother ordered for the whole table. And since she didn't know what would turn out to be "edible" and what everybody would prefer, her orders were actually "Bring me one of everything." Their food barely fit on the table. It was fascinating to watch. Also upsetting that they would make more work for the staff, and waste so much for no apparent reason.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
American lady in front of us at the customer service desk wanted to exchange her money. In vain, the front desk agent tried to explain to her that that Alaska was a U.S. state and therefore US currency was legal tender. She wasn't listening to him ... complained about how they told her that it could be exchanged at the desk and why was she given incorrect information and she'd been standing in line already for 15 minutes ... the litany went on and on!

I'll give a possible benefit of doubt here. Maybe one or both people involved misunderstood was "exchange" referred to, possible due to speaking English but thinking in their native language. It could mean "break", as in get smaller denominations, or it could mean "convert", as in get another country's currency. Other than that, scenes like that are just entertainment, for when you need a quick laugh and all the comedians aren't performing until later that day.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01
  • Like 1

One night during show time, or whatever they call the singing/dancing/guest participation time in the MDR on Carnival ships, we got a conga line going. When my table (actually, come to think of it, I think the eight of us and a couple waiters were the only people that participated!) danced by this other table which had a man, his wife and their no longer sleeping baby, the man loudly exclaims, "NO NO NO NO NOOOO! I hope you're happy now! You woke up a sleeping baby!!" The thing is, this was late dining! It was already 9:00 PM or later. If he was concerned about his baby sleeping, as he should be, wouldn't it have been a good idea to sign up for the early dining option? Just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

We were seated for breakfast with two couples from Texas traveling together. They talked incessantly about their grand business interests, their grand homes, and their inability to understand why everyone didn't live in Texas because it's so much better than any of the places they've traveled.. blah, blah, blah. We graciously complimented them and tried to settle in to order. They then proceeded to mock the waiter several times when she spoke. We smiled and tried to compliment her. The next time she appeared at our table, one of the gentlemen complained to her about her accent and suggested she learn "good ole' English" if she wanted to better herself in life..English...a language he had grammatically butchered the entire morning. Let me say that I'm from the South and have a Southern accent. He continued to make jokes about the language. I was furious and we decided to leave before our food arrived. I stopped to explain to the Head Waiter that we were leaving because of the table company and their bad manners. I also let him know that if he complained about the wait staff it was because he was an idiot, and that we had a very gracious, polite and wonderful waiter that spoke better English that the idiot who was threatening to complain about one of the staff. He offered to seat us elsewhere and assured me that the waiter would not be in any trouble because of the gentleman's complaint, but would re-assign the waiter to avoid making the gentleman unhappy.

• Like 1

i didn't read this whole thread (i'm at work) but i just had to share my story from our alaska cruise last august.

American lady in front of us at the customer service desk wanted to exchange her money. In vain, the front desk agent tried to explain to her that that alaska was a u.s. State and therefore us currency was legal tender. She wasn't listening to him ... Complained about how they told her that it could be exchanged at the desk and why was she given incorrect information and she'd been standing in line already for 15 minutes ... The litany went on and on!

About 4-5 minutes into the conversation, the agent takes her us cash, goes to a cash drawer, pulls out the same of amount of $ in different denominations and counts it out for her. Finally satisfied, she leaves, complaining to us (we were next in line) about why he didn't just do it in the first place instead of arguing with her!

Holding back the laughter i asked him if this happens often. He rolled his eyes and said "more often than you think!" really!!!

hilarious!!

hilarious!!

Some people have strange ideas about Alaska. My wife worked at Sears in Vancouver, and a young couple from the States that she was waiting on were wondering what to do that afternoon. The young girl said, 'Let's go to Alaska!':confused:

john

Another Alaska story ... (we just got back - it was wonderful!) ... We had finished the land tour and were on board the Statendam. While we were on land, the temps were unexpectedly and thankfully in the upper 70s & 80s. It was great, but we had been prepared for cooler weather, which we got after we boarded the ship. Mostly in the 60s, with a few overcast days.

I was walking down the stairs and there was a small group coming out of the elevators. A lady around my age (50s) wearing shorts & short-sleeved shirt, "($*#@!!) if I'd realized it was going to be so darn cold up here I would've brought some warmer clothes!"

I guess she thought a cruise would be warm no matter where it was!

• Like 1

American lady in front of us at the customer service desk wanted to exchange her money. In vain, the front desk agent tried to explain to her that that Alaska was a U.S. state and therefore US currency was legal tender. She wasn't listening to him ... complained about how they told her that it could be exchanged at the desk and why was she given incorrect information and she'd been standing in line already for 15 minutes ... the litany went on and on!

About 4-5 minutes into the conversation, the agent takes her US cash, goes to a cash drawer, pulls out the same of amount of $ in different denominations and counts it out for her. Finally satisfied, she leaves, complaining to us (we were next in line) about why he didn't just do it in the first place instead of arguing with her!

Holding back the laughter I asked him if this happens often. He rolled his eyes and said "more often than you think!" Really!!!

And people wonder why the "stupid American" stereotype persists abroad!

A few months ago I read a review written by a guy that did nothing but complain. He usually cruised on Carnival but was on a Princess cruise for the first time. He was in a suite (of course) and never went to the buffet or MDR and only ate in the specialty restaurants or had the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. Among some of his complaints; his red wine was served in a white wine glass, the same salt & pepper shakers were used "all over the ship" and he was called at 11:00 am to confirm his reservation for the chef's table and they woke him up... He was asked to be at a meeting for the dinner in an hour and he was appalled that they expected him to be there at that time so he cancelled the Chef's table dinner.... The nerve!!

• Like 1

A few months ago I read a review written by a guy that did nothing but complain. He usually cruised on Carnival but was on a Princess cruise for the first time. He was in a suite (of course) and never went to the buffet or MDR and only ate in the specialty restaurants or had the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. Among some of his complaints; his red wine was served in a white wine glass, the same salt & pepper shakers were used "all over the ship" and he was called at 11:00 am to confirm his reservation for the chef's table and they woke him up... He was asked to be at a meeting for the dinner in an hour and he was appalled that they expected him to be there at that time so he cancelled the Chef's table dinner.... The nerve!!

What a hard life he must lead! Wish we could have those sorts of problems! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I was on a Transatlantic on Princess that stopped in several ports in Europe. The constant and very loud of complaint of quite a few people was, "I hate this cruise. How come the Captain didn't wait until it wasn't foggy to go past Gibraltar? I was supposed to be able to see Europe and Africa at the same time. What do they expect us to do in these ports, walk? Why do people walk so much here? Why do they expect people to walk this far to get off a boat?"

I have been on quite a few cruises. This was the only one that I heard complaints from one group of people constantly.

Edited by GulfCstLdy
Misunderstood the post

We were in Cancun for a week and decided to take our friends via a local bus, just a few short miles to the flea market. Figured they'd like the ambience of a Mexican city.

We had to walk about 2 blocks to the flea market from the bus stop and the friends complained about the streets being broken down, Cancun being so run down, people looking like criminals nearby, etc.

We get to the first store in the flea market and the storeclerk follows a friend of mine, awaiting the opportunity to approach him to try to sell him something he looked a bit interested in.

My friend says, "Does this guy think I'm a thief...he's following me, etc."...I told him that wasn't the case, but he didn't believe me.

Ten minutes into the flea market, my friends went back to the bus stop.....That night they told me they shopped at the local mall....Same stuff, higher prices! So much for exporing a "foreign" city.

Same friend told me, "a beach is a beach"...no need to visit beaches other than those where we live in Florida!!

Because I live in Florida, I also prefer to do other things while in port. I have access to a beautiful beach anytime I like, it's not like the crystal blue waters in St. John, but it is still water and sun. I do enjoy going to the beach and swimming, so I may do beach type things while in port, but I have no need to fight the crowds for a beach chair on sand I have to pay for, and be hounded to know if I want to buy something. I want to see the mountains, the waterfalls, well, anything different than what I'm used to...

I however would love to go with you to your flea market :)

• Like 1

I was on a Transatlantic on Princess that stopped in several ports in Europe. The constant and very loud of complaint of quite a few people was, "I hate this cruise. How come the Captain didn't wait until it wasn't foggy to go past Gibraltar? I was supposed to be able to see Europe and Africa at the same time. What do they expect us to do in these ports, walk? Why do people walk so much here? Why do they expect people to walk this far to get off a boat?"

I have been on quite a few cruises. This was the only one that I heard complaints from one group of people constantly.

Don't tell me..... They looked something like this? :o

9941293664_e482ac16e7_z.jpg

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...

I just wonder how miserable their lives are when not onboard the ship...

I wonder why they would want to pay to have such a terrible time..maybe even if they are having a miserable time, the life they have at home is worse?

I guess some people just live to complain..

I figure no matter what goes wrong I would rather be on a Cruise ship!

very well said

I'll give a possible benefit of doubt here. Maybe one or both people involved misunderstood was "exchange" referred to, possible due to speaking English but thinking in their native language. It could mean "break", as in get smaller denominations, or it could mean "convert", as in get another country's currency. Other than that, scenes like that are just entertainment, for when you need a quick laugh and all the comedians aren't performing until later that day.

No I lived in Alaska for 9 years (adult years)

sailed on four cruises and took part in many shopping trips while in port..

No that lady was stupid,

I mean come on FORREST

• 2 weeks later...
I think we should leave topics like politics, race and religion out of this thread. (By the way, the President doesn't have that much power. He's a figurehead.)

I agree. Fortunately these topics are rarely discussed on here. Thank God!

;-)

• Like 1

Lol at most of these. I have to say I'm a american and a lot of Americans make me sad by the way they act and talk. I work customer service and let me tell you sometimes I have a hard time understanding what the person is saying because of all the slang! Lol.

Sent from my MB886 using Forums mobile app

Getting back to the topic - I was just reading someone's review and they mentioned how on Captain's Night, they were not dressed up. They were turned away from the dining room because of their clothes and were complaining about it.

Now I understand not everyone wants to get dressed up, but is one night that big of a deal?? I thought the complaining was pretty crazy and that the staff handled accordingly. It's awkward walking into the dining room seeing folks in basketball shorts and at the next table are folks with suits and dresses. And wouldn't they feel uncomfortable?? Clearly they are underdressed!!!

Just curious about others thoughts - no rights or wrongs here.

• Like 1