Jeep Excursion in Freeport through Carnival

All4fun&fun4all

I have searched the threads for anyone who may have pictures of this excursion and was unable to find any threads that have pictures. The one that had pictures has a broken link. I have also searched Carnivals thread with no luck. So, having exhausted the proper avenues...does anyone have any pictures of this excursion? Thanks guys! :o

• 2 months later...

We did this excursion last August. We being myself 27, boyfriend 29, friends 25 and 26. We personally did not care for it. I did a reveiw of it on the Bahamas board if you want to check it out.

We felt like some of the places they visited were pointless and a waste of time (ie watching dolphins through a fence). It was a long excursion that took the entire day, longer than was listed on the site. The tour guide was nice, informative, and funny. It just wasn't for us. It gave you a decent overview of the island though.

I agree it was long. We went last July. There were 11 of us ranging from 20 - 55. The tour guide was great. It was nice to see the island, but it was very hot, and the highlight was stopping at Blackbeard's Beach. But, that was only for about 30 minutes. Glad we got to experience the beach, but don't think I would do it again. Although, we all had a good time. Most of the jeeps are standard, so if you want an automatic speak up quickly.

we did it and actually enjoyed it. we did it in feb 09 so the weather was much cooler than when the last two poster went. i agree that we could have spent more time at the beach. although, in feb, the water was still a little cool. we most enjoyed the off road part of it. the park was nice and we got to eat a late lunch there that was good. hope this helps.:)

Here's a few pictures from our jeep excursion 06/2006. The weather was horrible and we only drove by some of our scheduled stops. The weather finally cleared up towards the end. My husband had a great time driving through the woods in the mud, but it did get boring after a while. I guess if I was driving it would have been more fun. :rolleyes: I wish we would have driven closer to town.

100_1365.jpg

100_1366_0001.jpg

100_1375.jpg

100_1362.jpg

100_1359_0001.jpg

I have some videos and pictures I will post later tonight or tomorrow. We did this excurison with 4 other friends in Sept of 2007. We had a blast. We all enjoyed it and would recommend it. It was a long day, but was fun and informative about the island and city. We did this right after there had been a lot of rain the previous weeks. There was a lot of water on the trails along the off road section, but that made it more exciting. I will post some links to some videos once i get them uploaded.

It was just after a bunch or storms had come through so there was a ton of standing water. It does take a long time, but that does include a stop for lunch which is about 45 min. to an hour of that time. You also stop along the way at some different points of interest. You get out and he talks about them for a while. There was also one time where you get out of the jeeps and walk on a trail through the woods to a old cave. You don't go in the cave,but kind of look down into it.

It was a nice change from my normal experiences in Freeport. After you have been to Freeport 3 or 4 times it is nice to try something new. I would say it is worth the time and $$.

I have some videos and pictures I will post later tonight or tomorrow. We did this excurison with 4 other friends in Sept of 2007. We had a blast. We all enjoyed it and would recommend it. It was a long day, but was fun and informative about the island and city. We did this right after there had been a lot of rain the previous weeks. There was a lot of water on the trails along the off road section, but that made it more exciting. I will post some links to some videos once i get them uploaded.

Great videos! When we did the excursion it stormed for most of the morning. We stopped at a park....can't remember the name....and stood under a couple 10 x 10 canopies. (Picture # 5 above) One very "made-up" woman (makeup, hair clothes....must not have read the excursion description :rolleyes:) was hysterical and demanded to be taken back to the ship. The guide called his office and had someone come get them.

attachment.php?attachmentid=154026&stc=1&d=1272240755

Some scenes from the excursion....

attachment.php?attachmentid=154027&stc=1&d=1272240762

This was our guide. He was actually an American, which was funny. He moved there to go to school, met a local girl, got married and never left. He was actually a movie extra in one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies that filmed there. I can't remember which one of the 3 movies now, but i did look him up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=154028&stc=1&d=1272240769

Driving along the beach....

attachment.php?attachmentid=154029&stc=1&d=1272240776

Another scene along the beach drive.

attachment.php?attachmentid=154030&stc=1&d=1272240781

Good 'ol "Barney" as we called him.

1.jpg.2a176ab3b9151c3fb29c94171fa15bfe.jpg

2.jpg.4352e0d654ea724646451311841dee8c.jpg

4.jpg.9063f56907a6b1f07949a9079f82343f.jpg

5.jpg.f34c42f6b46d787e40f33e58d18d7ac6.jpg

7.jpg.638235e560f127b60008a984cb0d3dfc.jpg

We did this cruise back in January and we really enjoyed it. If you click the link in my signature line, there are a few pics from this excursion on my review.

We had a really short day in Freeport so I thought this excursion was the best way to see the island. It's not a very exciting island but what we saw was very pretty and we really enjoyed our lunch at The Garden of the Groves.

• 8 months later...

Archived