Cecilia, I need help with a CC meeting

Carolyn1950

The group coordinater from NCl said I needed a Cruise Critic group number for us to set up a meeting onboard. How do we go about getting one for the NCL Sea 02/26/2005. I tried to email you but it said you weren't accepting email. I have done a search but coudn't find anything.. Thanks..

edited to say: Maybe I am misunderstanding what a CC meeting is.. My impression was that NCL would set up a room for the members of the CC board to meet .. Maybe it is only on a CC members sponsered cruise.. I am confused.. Would we better off just picking our own place to meet?

The group coordinater from NCl said I needed a Cruise Critic group number for us to set up a meeting onboard. How do we go about getting one for the NCL Sea 02/26/2005. I tried to email you but it said you weren't accepting email. I have done a search but coudn't find anything.. Thanks..

edited to say: Maybe I am misunderstanding what a CC meeting is.. My impression was that NCL would set up a room for the members of the CC board to meet .. Maybe it is only on a CC members sponsered cruise.. I am confused.. Would we better off just picking our own place to meet?

I'm sorry you had trouble e mailing me. My e mail is in my signature so anyone can send me e mail. I'll double check and see if my settings are off.

Second, NCL does not have any official affiliation with CC. Other cruise lines do but NCL doesn't. So there isn't any group number that comes from CC. If there is ever a CC meeting on board a ship it's because members set them up themselves. Others on this board have talked about contacting guest relations and working it out with them. But CC has no connection or say in how meetings would be set up. If a CC meeting does happen on board, and NCL sets it up, they're doing it as a courtesy to our members and we appreciate it. But they don't have to and there's no set list of things you would get or if anyone from the crew would show up.

I'm sorry if that doesn't help you out for your cruise. There's just nothing CC can do because we don't have any agreements with them. Could it be that the person you spoke with thinks you're talking about a group cruise where all of you are traveling together under a group code from your TA that set the whole trip up? The person at NCL may not understand what you're trying to do.

Cecilia, I used the email addy in your profile. I also think I didn't make myself clear to NCL and perhaps they think it is a group cruise.. So I will email the lady again and explain myself better. I did find a Meet and Mingle for other cruise lines now I understand why there isn't one for NCL. Thanks for your reply.. That cleared things up for me..

Swoosh, I wish I had talked to you sooner.. The lady I am dealing with is YPerez. I will try again to let her know there are loyal NCL followers here. If not, our group will meet on our own.. Thanks..

Cecilia, I used the email addy in your profile. I also think I didn't make myself clear to NCL and perhaps they think it is a group cruise.. So I will email the lady again and explain myself better. I did find a Meet and Mingle for other cruise lines now I understand why there isn't one for NCL. Thanks for your reply.. That cleared things up for me..

Swoosh, I wish I had talked to you sooner.. The lady I am dealing with is YPerez. I will try again to let her know there are loyal NCL followers here. If not, our group will meet on our own.. Thanks..

We have a CC meeting on our cruise set up by NCL in the Star bar the day after embarkation. An email was sent to: C L Reyes at NCL. You may want to call NCL and ask for that person or ask how to email that person. It took one of our fellow cruisers 3 emails before they got back to them with the arrangements. If they don't reply immediately keep emailing them till they do. Cecilia is right in that NCL is not obligated in any way to set these meetings up. They just do it as a courtesy as she said. Sometimes the meetings have crew members and officers attend some do not. Sometimes they take the names of all the CC members and send them complimentary Canapés delivered to their stateroom one evening. I think it just all depends on NCL, how busy the crew is, or maybe even depends on how many people in your group. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
NCL WOULD BE DOING A GOODWILL CUSTOMER SERVICE BY ESTABLISHING A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR THE LOYAL CC COMMUNITY. WE DON'T EXPECT MUCH - MANY OF US ARE FREQUENT CRUISERS :D - WE APPRECIATE XTRAS 'OTHER LINES' PROVIDE ;)

My understanding CC has a formal business relationship with those other lines that excludes a formal NCL program. That said the crew on many of the NCL ships have been great to many of the members. They have provided food, many of the Directors have attended the meetings, and in some cases even extended other forms of special treatment.

Keep in mind NCL reads these boards and understands the value of the information provided.

NCL WOULD BE DOING A GOODWILL CUSTOMER SERVICE BY ESTABLISHING A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR THE LOYAL CC COMMUNITY. WE DON'T EXPECT MUCH - MANY OF US ARE FREQUENT CRUISERS :D - WE APPRECIATE XTRAS 'OTHER LINES' PROVIDE
Shoreguy is correct. NCL doesn't have any relationship with CC because other cruise lines have exclusivity to that. But NCL has gone above and beyond for our members when they've been contacted and asked for meeting space, etc. I don't know how or when other cruise lines negotiated a contract but they wanted exclusivity and they got it. Smart thinking on their part.

I contacted clreyes@ncl.com and she helped me.

Denise

Hi! I also dealt with CL Reyes and the whole experience exceeded any expectations I had. The crew on the Dawn treated all our cc members with utmost kindness. They even arranged for one person's son to meet the trumpet player with the band, amoung other things. I am still amazed that the hotel manager and others actually remembered my name.

CL Reyes, and the crew of the Dawn really impressed our whole group.

I hope either way your cruise is all you hope for!

Carolyn1950, Host Cecilia and everyone else who posted a reply,

Thank you for the information you've posted!! Our group (Dawn Apr 17/05) is wanting to set up a get-together, but because I knew NCL did not have an affiliation with CC, I just assumed that I (we) would need to organize it on our own.

I'll definately get in touch with the NCL contact to see if she can help us set up our get-together.

Thank you again... everyone, keep warm...

Julie :)

I'm sailing on the Spirit March 18th and I have been in touch with Christina

CHernandez@ncl.com who has been very helpful to me.

She told me all I needed to do was email her at least 2 weeks prior to sailing with a list of the passengers names & cabin #s, the day and time we plan to meet and she'll handle the rest. She even told me that a couple of the ships staff might attend to answer any questions we have.

I also told her that I have cruised on other lines and they have never done anything like this for their passengers and thanked her in advance....

I heard back from Ms Perez, we have our meet up scheduled for sunday at 10:00 am in Gatbys bar.. So we shall see what developes, I will let you guys know when we return..

Thanks for the help.. Being direct helped [thanks, shoreguy].

Carolyn, make sure you post the information on the Roll Call Board and try to get a head count to give Claudia about a week before the cruise, so they can set up for the appropriate number of people. You will be happy that you set this up. I set up one for the 1/9 cruise and it was great. You as organizer will probably get some perks.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Barbara Ross

rossbabsy@cs.com

Hi, Carolyn 1950 if you would e-mail me your contacts names and e-mail address for the Sea I would greatly appreciate it. I am going to try and see if I can't set up a meet and greet for our cruise on March 12, 2005. Thank you and let me know how it goes on your meet and greet. Wishing you fun times and smooth seas, Paul (crewsin250@yahoo.com)

Somewhere on the site I saw a link for a CC poster on which you can put your names etc. and attach to your cabin door. Can you point me in the right cyber direction?
Hmmm...I searched everywhere and I can't find that link anymore. Let me ask the administrator is there is still such a thing. I'll get back to you. ;)

cmdchief, on the CC newsletter, I saw a sign for the door. I don't have it anymore but maybe someone else does..

crewsn, thanks for the reply.. I had no idea what the initials stood for..lol

bigal, that program sounds great.. The lady I am dealing with hasn't offered anything. Maybe I will pester her one more time and ask about the program.. Altho somewhere on this sight, I read that NCL doesn't like door signs, that would be odd if NCL provided the signs:confused: My plan is to go to the group co-ordinator as soon as I get onboard and let her know we are there and hope for the best.. The lady I have dealt with hasn't been terribly helpful.. But we have our meeting set up and that is all I asked for..:)

Somewhere on the site I saw a link for a CC poster on which you can put your names etc. and attach to your cabin door. Can you point me in the right cyber direction?
OK...If you e mail me I can send you what Host Graham created? Thanks!

Archived