Berlin

Mardonna

I am now planning my trip from german port to berlin......since I have never been to berlin or to germany for that matter....would love thoughts on a tour..the Disney magic has a great tour that focuses on Museum isalnd but wondering if I should stay focused on city highlighhts.....we will also be travling with a 9 year old.

Both options you mention, a city highlights tour and a focused visit of the Museumsinsel, are good choices.

Do you prefer to experience "so that's what Berlin looks like" or are you specifically interested in any of the sections of the museums?

The Museumsinsel is indeed a most impressive collection of important pieces of art and history. Each of the museums is unique and hosts so many items you can easily spend days in any single one.

If there is something you need to see, for example the Pergamon Altar or the gold of Troy, of course go for it. Otherwise I would recommend to get to know just a little bit of Germany. For example visit those parts of the museum displaying German artists and later on walk down "Unter den Linden", which starts right in front of the island, walk past the few remains of pre-war capital Berlin like the Kronprinzenpalais, until you reach the Brandenburg Gate or a little bit further the Reichstag.

I am now planning my trip from german port to berlin......since I have never been to berlin or to germany for that matter....would love thoughts on a tour..the Disney magic has a great tour that focuses on Museum isalnd but wondering if I should stay focused on city highlighhts.....we will also be travling with a 9 year old.

On our cruise last summer, we used Original Berlin Walks for our tour of Berlin. Covered all the major sights including Museum Island. However, with just about 7 hours to tour, you can't see all the museums and the city in that amount of time. If you want to see the city, choose a museum that you would really like to see and then spend the rest of the time seeing Berlin. Our guide, Heather, was fantastic and can customize the tour to the places you really want to see. Will pick you up at the port and take you back after the tour. If we ever went back to Berlin, would absolutely use Original Berlin Walks again - and would request Heather. Enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...
We plan on taking Disney's 'Berlin on your own' excursion to get to Berlin and then utilizing a HOHO bus to see the city.

Archived