Can you legally take 2 bottles of wine on board?

hartskys

The policy is one 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne per passenger...

However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle (750 milliliter) of wine or champagne per person on board during embarkation in their carry-on luggage.

:)

How big can the bottle be? and is there a charge to bring a bottle on? somewhere I thought I read a $10 charge per bottle

750 ml...

There's a ten dollar corkage charge for main dining and a fifteen dollar charge in the supper clubs...

if you just open it in your room and drink it other places that is ok?

Thanks for your help!!!;)

No charge if it's opened in your cabin...

Actually, it's about a 50/50 chance that you'll be charged in main dining. It kinda seems to be up to the discretion of the waiter...

My impression is the waiter will not charge you as he wants to be nice to you who is tipping him.

It is the MD who will make him charge for it if he wants to be a stickler for the rules.

Very often we will bring a glass of wine to the MD and the waiter will suggest we bring the bottle and hold it for us.

I would never page a stewart for that. Ha Ha. What is the best way to carry wine on? There will be 3 of us over 21 in the cabin so that means we can take on 3 bottles of wine, right? Can 1 person carry all 3 or does each person have to carry 1?

If the three of you board together, one of you can carry all three bottles. If each of you board individually and one of you carries three bottles (or each of you carry three bottles) according to the line's policy two of them will be held until the end of the cruise.

You room steward will be happy to supply your cabin with wine glasses. If your steward is off duty you can collect glasses at any bar, just ask.

I always bring a swiss army knife/multi-tool with me when I travel. It has proved its worth many times over for minor emergencies beyond opening wine bottles. :)

If the three of you board together, one of you can carry all three bottles. If each of you board individually and one of you carries three bottles (or each of you carry three bottles) according to the line's policy two of them will be held until the end of the cruise.

You room steward will be happy to supply your cabin with wine glasses. If your steward is off duty you can collect glasses at any bar, just ask.

I always bring a swiss army knife/multi-tool with me when I travel. It has proved its worth many times over for minor emergencies beyond opening wine bottles. :)

Perfect - thanks!

If we ask for wine glasses in our cabin will they juist bring them at the beginning and we will need to wash them out each day or do you think they might bring new ones?

Usually, I leave them in the room, dirty, and they are replaced when the steward makes up the room. Once or twice I've asked for new glasses, and once or twice I've taken them off the steward's cart in the hallway.

..... What is the best way to carry wine on? There will be 3 of us over 21 in the cabin so that means we can take on 3 bottles of wine, right? Can 1 person carry all 3 or does each person have to carry 1?

It's not like a super-organized, high tech security rhythm they have going on. If the 3 of you are walking on together, one person can carry them all. If the security people question you, just point out the people in your party. Chances are they won't say anything.

I would just gesture to the back of the line and say I'm carrying these so my wife doesn't have to. If all you have is 3 bottles, I doubt they're going to make a big fuss over it. If they do, I guess you'll have to wait there until the rest of your party catches up.

I have read a few places that Carnival allows you to take 2 bottles of wine on board. Is this still true?

Regarding the title of your post, Can you legally . . . .

Maybe you used the word "legally" as a figure of speech, but there is nothing "legal" about it. It's not like carrying restricted items onto an airplane, where you can be prosecuted for breaking the law. It's just the cruise line's attempt at trying to control how much alcohol people bring on. They will actively enforce their rules, but it's not a "Law."

You can bring on wine in each port you visit to have in your cabin also.

:D

Have you done that shagdancer? I've read a lot of people here say Carnival will confiscate & hold anything bought in port, wine included.

Archived