Help, weather question

foster3453

We are going on the Crown on the 27th of Feb, and my wife is freaking out about the weather being to cold in the western caribbean during this time. If the weather is averaging 70, is it to cold to swim on the sea days beacuse of the constant wind? We just assumed when we booked the cruise that we would experience tropical weather but it seems that it is averaging cooler weather.

We are going on the Crown on the 27th of Feb, and my wife is freaking out about the weather being to cold in the western caribbean during this time. If the weather is averaging 70, is it to cold to swim on the sea days beacuse of the constant wind? We just assumed when we booked the cruise that we would experience tropical weather but it seems that it is averaging cooler weather.

If I were your wife, I'd be more concerned on whether you'd get out of Virginia than whether the weather would be hot enough to swim. What's doing outside your window? ;)

If I were your wife, I'd be more concerned on whether you'd get out of Virginia than whether the weather would be hot enough to swim. What's doing outside your window? ;)

Its about a foot of snow, I think that is why she is getting worried.

Its about a foot of snow, I think that is why she is getting worried.

Can't say I blame her. Looks pretty, though, from what I see on TV. Then again, I don't have to deal with it, walk in it, drive in it, shovel it, etc. There is a plus by living down south, but then again, there are hurricanes. :D

Can't say I blame her. Looks pretty, though, from what I see on TV. Then again, I don't have to deal with it, walk in it, drive in it, shovel it, etc. There is a plus by living down south, but then again, there are hurricanes. :D

Luckily Jan/Feb is well outside the hurricane season.

If the temp is 70 the sea temp is likely to be warmer and there is not constant wind in the western Caribbean, so the OPs wife should be fine although it may not be jacuzzi temperatures.

Hi, Chris and I got off the Sea Princess last Saturday after a couple of weeks around the Eastern Caribbean, the weather was rarly below 90, both the Sea and pools were a great tempreture for swimming.

I find the map called WunderMap on WeatherUnderground easy to use. I've been following the Caribbean for a couple of weeks now. It has stayed primarily in the 80s with Cozumel dropping into the 70s on some days. You can zoom in from a continental map or enter an exact location like Cayman Islands. http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

We will be on the Crown 2/20 and can't wait to get out of the "Snowageddon" of this weekend in MD.

:)Enjoy your cruise.

Diana

Tell your wife to chill out;) She'll love the temps in the western Caribbean on your sailing. A 76 degree temp in Cozumel feels a lot warmer than a 76 degree temp where you live. Tell her to pack lots of suncreen and sunglasses because she will need both. Don't apply that suncreen based upon the temps but apply anytime you are outside. That advice comes from experience!;)

I will be right behind you on March 3 boarding. Tell your wife that almost any weather that is not white and panic mode will be a great change. Right now I am shoveling like mad so I will have a car to go to airport to see if they have a plane to take me to somewhere warm. I am so ready to ESCAPE COMPLETELY

Hi we are on the same sailing Feb 27, last year we were on the Island Princess through the canal same kinda location ish the weather was fabulous, so lets hope for the best. see you on board:D:D:D

Hi we are on the same sailing Feb 27, last year we were on the Island Princess through the canal same kinda location ish the weather was fabulous, so lets hope for the best. see you on board:D:D:D

Cool-I am sure you are as excited as we are. This will be our second cruise (both with Princess), I am counting the days...Thanks for your response, hopefully we will get to meet and toast to the start of an awesome vacation!:D

I've been on cruises where it never got out of the 70's and it was perfect to sit out as it feels warmer out to sea. You dont sweat and yet it is very warm. If it is windy, there are lots of lounge chair locations where the wind is blocked.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but has anyone had trouble getting to the ship because of all this snow? I'm so glad we aren't cruising soon...........geez what am I saying............snow is causing me to be brain dead.............but I'd be so worry right now if I had a cruise planned. This winter just hasn't been normal on the east coast.

All airports, rail, Metro etc are closed again in Washington/Baltimore area. EVERYTHING is closed again. Roads are terrible. Definitely the snowiest winter ever. We will have snow piles and cherry blossoms I am sure.

Oh well they did announce that the beautiful cherry blossoms are due in just 7 weeks. Spring will follow this hard winter.

Oh well they did announce that the beautiful cherry blossoms are due in just 7 weeks. Spring will follow this hard winter.

Are you really sure of that? :eek: I know lots of folks who would like that in writing RIGHT now! ;):D

Archived