Anyone aboard the Grand?

denobc

We are interested in boarding the Grand earlier on Feb.12. We understand that this may be allowed if... there isn't a norwalk outbreak etc. on this sailing group, and if our cabins are ready?

Can anyone advise us?

Thankyou

Cathy

We are interested in boarding the Grand earlier on Feb.12. We understand that this may be allowed if... there isn't a norwalk outbreak etc. on this sailing group, and if our cabins are ready?

Can anyone advise us?

Thankyou

Cathy

I am on the Grand, sitting on my balcony in St. Thomas sucking up the free internet.

When we got on in FL, we boarded without waiting, went straight to our cabin. It was around noon. Only delay was waiting for the NFL buses to pass by the port; we sat 5 or 10 minutes waiting to turn into the port on the north side.

Ship is great. Had a great CC Meet and Greet and CD showed up. We are going to meet again on the last sea day in 3 days. Only problem so far is getting a seat for the first shows unless you show up 1/2 hour ahead. They have repeated some of them. We can't seem to get away from the dinner table to get there early. Had great Super Bowl parties last night including one on the deck UTS. Crew outdid themselves setting up 3 venues.

Not sure I will be on here again to answer questions. My paid time is at a minimum and may run out before we get off in a few days.

I'm also on the Grand on my balcony overlooking Charlotte Amalie harbor…one of the prettiest I have experienced. We are docked at Havensight, BTW.

No sickness onboard this cruise. With a few days left anything can happen though.

San Juan was substituted for Santo Domingo. It may be on the next cruise also, so don't be surprised. It gave us a couple extra hours in port today.

It really has been a wonderful cruise. The weather has been fantastic and the seas calm.

Lew

----

Sent from my iPhone

I am on the Grand, sitting on my balcony in St. Thomas sucking up the free internet.

When we got on in FL, we boarded without waiting, went straight to our cabin. It was around noon. Only delay was waiting for the NFL buses to pass by the port; we sat 5 or 10 minutes waiting to turn into the port on the north side.

Ship is great. Had a great CC Meet and Greet and CD showed up. We are going to meet again on the last sea day in 3 days. Only problem so far is getting a seat for the first shows unless you show up 1/2 hour ahead. They have repeated some of them. We can't seem to get away from the dinner table to get there early. Had great Super Bowl parties last night including one on the deck UTS. Crew outdid themselves setting up 3 venues.

Not sure I will be on here again to answer questions. My paid time is at a minimum and may run out before we get off in a few days.

Just curious....we are doing the same itinerary in the near future...where all have you rec'd internet access on your balcony (ports)????

It may help decide what package I buy!

Dawn

Enjoy your cruise...nice to see someone else from Sudbury here.:)

Cruising beats skating on Ramsay:D

Yes, Lake Ramsay doesn't have that appeal to me. If you are curious, send me an email at cathy1900@live .

Sudbury is not that small a city!

Cathy

Just curious....we are doing the same itinerary in the near future...where all have you rec'd internet access on your balcony (ports)????

It may help decide what package I buy!

Dawn

I didn't try until St. Thomas, was successful there. No luck on the balcony in San Juan or Grand Turk, even though a crewman said I should be able to get on in GT. I think he meant that there was free internet on the dock, but it is a little distance from the ship compared to St Thomas.

Disembarkation went smoothly. Only problem was that we came in to a different pier and had to take a shuttle back to the garage at the other pier. It was free though, so worked out okay. Several others said it had happened to them before. We have never had this experience. We didn't find out until the morning of arrival. Someone else just happened to find out at the desk. Another couple had asked mid cruise and were told we would have to take a taxi; they complained so then shuttles were provided. We were on the road around 9 a.m. People were walking off in the Express Mode before 8.

Archived