Grandeur to Majesty comparisons

LeeKay

We are sailing on Majesty this summer, it's our second cruise. Are first cruise was on Grandeur two years ago. I know Majesty is smaller and older, but any other differences. Just wondering what to expect. Thanks.

The ships are similar. The biggest difference is the lack of an adults only pool on Majesty. Also, Majesty only has balconies for suites. The rooms on Majesty are smaller.

The Viking Crown Lounge is better (JMO) on Majesty because it is not the nightclub, like on Grandeur.

Actually, the ships themselves are very similar in size. According to RCCL, Majesty is only 59 gross tons smaller and and 36 feet shorter. Contrary to what seems to be popular opinion, Majsety and her sister Monarch are not the smallest ships in RCCL's fleet. According to data on RCCL's website, Grandeur's sisters [well maybe cousins] Splendour and Legend have that honor. But as others have said, the cabins on Majesty are small. Our JS on Monarch was about 20 sq ft smaller than our D Balcony on Splendour. You have to go to at least a JS on Majesty to get a balcony. But we really enjoyed our cruises on Monarch and DW has been on Majesty and liked it maybe even a little more. She did a 3/4 day B2B last December and thought the ship and crew were great.

I also have not been on the Grandeur ( but am thinking about it) but did the Majesty last Fall after cruising on several Voyager Class and the Liberty. I had never taken a shorter itinerary either.

The Majesty was an excellent ship with a superb crew...perhaps the best we've ever experienced overall. Yes the pool area was smaller and as mentioned there isn;t a solarium but it never seemed small even after the Liberty 2 months earlier. The crew seems to love the ship and it shows.

I would definitely cruise the Majesty again!

My 1st Cruise was on The Enchantment. When I booked a Cruise for Jan. 25, 2010, I was concerened that I wouldn't enjoy The Majesty as much. The ship/cabins were smaller, but I was totally impressed with the overall ship, service, food, cleanliness and entertainment. I wouldn't hesitate to cruise on The Majesty again tomorrow..

ENJOY.........

Archived