JADE January 24- Our thanks to NCL

annie22

From reading the many comments posted from those who sailed on the Jade on January 24, I understand that there were many concerns about how the information about the "viruses" was communicated to the passengers and how the situation ahas been managed by the NCL.

My husband and I want to express our sincere thanks to the medical staff, customer relations staff, the Captain and the Crew's Captain. My husband experienced a life threatening medical emergency the evening of January 26 shortly after the ship left Rome. The medical staff made the critical decision to have my husband transported off the ship, the Captain and the Crew's Captain made it happened as quickly as possibly given the very rough seas. We especially want to thank medical officer , Mike Thomas who accompanied my husband and myself to the hospital in Formia, Italy. He ensured that my husband received the critical medical tests that needed ASAP. The cruise ship and the port agent in Naples provided an interpreter, Poulo to assist me while we were in Formia. He was extremely helpful in translating the medical information and in asking all of my questions/answers to the medical staff at the hospital.

We also would like to thank our "new" friends, Eileen and Judith, Michelle and James who stayed with me that night until the very late hours of the night.

We have great out of country medical insurance through Alberta Blue Cross, they made all the arrangements fro our return home and provided a doctor to accompany my husband home. We arrived home to Alberta on Saturday as orginally planned, just a bit different route! My husband is doing well ans is improving daily.

Annie22

That's great news!

We had heard the code alpha in the Grand Pacific announcement and knowing what code alpha was, were concerned for the passenger affected.

Glad to hear that your husband is doing well and his recovery is progressing.

Archived