How many formal nights on a 7 day Carnival cruise?

champ.49er

We're on the Carnival Splendor this July for 7 days. We're planning on eating in the main dining room for dinner every night. I just find out how many of the 7 nights are "formal". We're trying to figure out how many formal dresses and suits to bring. All other nights, we assume are "casual" nights, correct? How many "formal" nights are there typically for a 7 day (Carnival) cruise? Thanks.

We're on the Carnival Splendor this July for 7 days. We're planning on eating in the main dining room for dinner every night. I just find out how many of the 7 nights are "formal". We're trying to figure out how many formal dresses and suits to bring. All other nights, we assume are "casual" nights, correct? How many "formal" nights are there typically for a 7 day (Carnival) cruise? Thanks.

Generally one. Although I think Carnival is now calling them "elegant" nights and implying that you don't have to go "all out" with tuxes and all. Some people still will do so. Have a great cruise!

I don't have a "monopoly" on answers, but why is it necessary to provide a duplicate answer to the same question ?

I didn't read your answer or anyone else's answer. I did my own research and I provided more information than you did, and I provided the support for the information.

I have every right to post and apparently you seem a little jealous because I provided a more complete answer with a link to back up my answer.

So why don't you just drop it?

I think it's very useful to actually provide the link to Carnival's FAQ rather than "just" answer the question.

I'm amazed that so many basic questions are asked here, when Carnival has a nice, long list that provides the answers to so many of them.

NEWBIES: it is useful to go do some browsing at your cruiseline's website. They are the real authorities on their own cruises (although we are all experts here ;) ), so check them out.

There is a lot of misinformation spread on these boards. I would do my research at the cruiseline's website first, and then ask for details or recommendations here. Sometimes, we experts do actually get it wrong. :p

I mean, why ask here, and have half the responses be just guesses when you could find out the "real" answer and not get the misinformation?

If you answer the question someone will say just provide a link, if you provide a link someone will say why can't you answer the question yourself, if you reproduce what is on the link someone will say this uses up too much space, just provide a link. I too find it a bit irritating when someone can't be bothered to read the thread & just provides the same answer again.

• 4 years later...

Well I did search Carnival's site using terms like elegant, formal, and reading the entire "What to wear" section to no avail so thanks for the info and the link.

As far as taking up too much room, it seems the arguing does far more of that than the answers to the question.

If you answer the question someone will say just provide a link, if you provide a link someone will say why can't you answer the question yourself, if you reproduce what is on the link someone will say this uses up too much space, just provide a link. I too find it a bit irritating when someone can't be bothered to read the thread & just provides the same answer again.

Sometimes providing an answer again will provide validation for the answer, sometimes it will demonstrate how much confusion may exist about a topic. CCL does not have formal nights per se, they call them elegant nights and many passengers don't bother to dress up all that much.

OP, If you don't want to bring the suits and dresses you may leave them at home and get by with business casual/cruise casual wear.