Spinning

dicechick

You know what? I have been on several cruises and I still can't get over the fact that people don't want any type of surprises on their vacations. Part of the fun of cruising is reading your agenda for the next day when it is placed on your bed after it has been turned down.

That's when we talk about what we're going to do the next day and who is going where.

I can't imagine that it matters one iota, what days and what time each and every single thing is on a cruise.

Believe me, I'm not trying to be mean, just want people to have fun on their cruise and not worry so much about the smallest detail.

So, to answer your question, no, I don't know what day and time the spinning classes are held and my best bet is, nobody else will know either.

You know what? I have been on several cruises and I still can't get over the fact that people don't want any type of surprises on their vacations. Part of the fun of cruising is reading your agenda for the next day when it is placed on your bed after it has been turned down.

I, for one, enjoy my vacation much more if I have a general plan as to what options I have each day and make sure I do the things that are most important to me (eg. outings in ports of call, booking dinners at specific restaurants). That being said, arranging exercises classes is too specific for me, but maybe not for someone else. Others enjoy flying by the seats of their pants and seeing what the day will hold. No one is right or wrong, just different.

Enjoy your vacations.

DiceChick : (from one exercise person to another) *grin*:

The Spinning classes are a charge class, so I have not taken one on board the ship. The cost is $10.00 per class. I refuse to pay for a class when I have so many other options in order to get my daily workout in. The workout facilities on the ship are generally terrific and you'll have ellpiticals, treadmills, bikes, circuit machines and free weights at your disposal.

I do Spin a few times a week normally in real life. The bikes on board are regularly spin bikes, and I am almost 100% sure they had clips for bike shoes. I've been on 7 RCCL cruises and I will say the classes are not overly popular...I think it's because there is a charge to do it.

Pack your bike shoes just in case...they don't take up that much room.

happy cruising and spinning!

Barbgazz,

All the OP wanted to know was when spinning classes were.She did not say she wanted to plan every detail of every second of every day.Different people have fun different ways and not necessarily the way you do.If you didn't have any answers or information for her then why post just to criticize

,and yes that is mean.

dicechick,

I'm not sure about the AOS but on the Radiance last week they had a class called wheels in motion every day.That might be what you are looking for.There was a $10 charge for that class as well as yoga and pilates.Classes such as aerobics are free.i hope this helps a little.

I have to echo PTarbay's comments as well. I just joined this board for helpful insight from other cruise enthusiasts. I'm hoping most people here aren't as uptight as Barbgazz.

I can't imagine that it matters one iota, what days and what time each and every single thing is on a cruise.

Believe me, I'm not trying to be mean, just want people to have fun on their cruise and not worry so much about the smallest detail.

I just reread the original post and I'm pretty sure that the only activity that the OP was asking about was spinning.

Cheers

Has anyone taken a spinning class in the gym on the AOS? If so, do the pedals on the bikes have clips so you can wear bike shoes? Also, how many classes are offered and what are the times?

Hi dicechick,

When we were on the Monarch in June, there was one spin class, offered during the 4-day cruise. I assume that more are offered during longer cruises. I'm also a spinner, but was not able to make it to the class. I did notice that only two people had signed up. I believe on Monarch the bikes only had baskets, but perhaps they were removable, so yes, bring your shoes!

And remember, 45 min. of spinning = at least 2 desserts :D

Have a great cruise!!

Laurie

dicechick and funlovr welcome to the boards.i think you will get a lot of really useful information and most of the people here are really nice and helpful.There's a few rude people but it's easy to just ignore them.Enjoy!!

Archived