Just off the Noordam...February 13

lakeboji

We returned home to 5 inches of snow...in South Carolina yet! and I have been busy unpacking and sorting through my pictures.

We had a wonderful cruise...our first on the Noordam, but DH and I both agree that the Noordam is our favorite among the Vista ships, so we will be sailing on her again.

Our 10 day cruise was as good as it gets...great weather the entire time... We were docked next to the OASIS in St. Maarten, and it was very annoying! There was a barge being pushed up to the port side of the OASIS by two tug boats. This was an all day event, with the tug boats spewing diesel fuel and noise the entire day...making a quiet peaceful day on our balcony an impossibility. I am not sure what the reason is for this activity, but the tugs and the barge left shortly before the OASIS left port.

I took part in the Digital Workshop classes, and thoroughly enjoyed them...also learned a great deal. The "Tech Geek", Billy made the classes extremely fun and interesting.

We took HAL shore excursions in three of the ports, and went off on our own in Dominica. We found our Dominica excursion as we left the ship, and we were pleased with it. The only HAL excursion we did not enjoy was in Barbados...the Coast to Coast Tour. Our complaint was actually the bus itself. The seats were so high that the only thing we could see was scenery out the window to our left...and we sped by so fast that was difficult also. Other tours we took had buses with lower seats, and they were much more enjoyable.

Our Meet and Greet was super! It was nice to put faces with the people who had been blogging for months!

Because of the problem with the Eurodam arriving late, we disembarked at a different pier than we usually do when coming into Ft. Lauderdale. This didn't create any problems however, because the Park' n Go people knew exactly where we were. We were in our car heading to South Carolina by 8:40 AM.

Time to start looking for our next cruise!:rolleyes:

Welcome home! :)

We're on the Noordam next year, and also in port at St. Thomas with the Oasis. This is one time I am glad that HAL ships dock at Crown Bay. But I am wondering how many other ships will be in port that day and if it will be total chaos.

Right now the Oasis is docking at Crown Bay -- she is too big for Havensight.

I'll be in St. Thomas on RCL soon and docking at Havensight. Glad to know Oasis won't be there. We've always docked on HAL at Crown Bay, but I like Havensight better . We're being picked up by friends who live in St. Thomas so I'm also happy they won't have to deal with the Oasis.

We love the Noordam and its crew also. We did the Barbadoes cruise this Dec. We took the Coast to Coast tour and it went very well. No trouble with the bus but that sure is a bummer. Also I don't remember going fast on the tour but I do remember that there were 5 ships in that port and it was very smart to leave for a tour!

Archived