Best shore snorkeling in Cozumel

Debbierpof

I've read many threads but I'm trying to decipher what the best beach snorkeling would be in Cozumel. We went to Paradise Beach last time and had the best day -- but didn't try to snorkel. Any recommendations? We will catch a taxi from the port to our destination. Thanks in advance!!! :)

The best that I have found from shore is Chankanaab Park and Dzul Ha (Money Bar). I have heard that Playa Uvas is decent but can't say firsthand. Chank is the only place on Coz that we have visited twice and it was for the snorkeling.

The best that I have found from shore is Chankanaab Park and Dzul Ha (Money Bar). I have heard that Playa Uvas is decent but can't say firsthand. Chank is the only place on Coz that we have visited twice and it was for the snorkeling.

Another vote for Chankanaab Park. We just returned from a cruise aboard the Carnival Legend a few weeks ago. Beautiful beach, not too crowded, a few restaurants to choose from, Dolphin Discovery and of course the snorkeling is great! Since this was our first cruise we rented snorkel/mask/fins for about USD $12 per person.

Here are some pictures courtesy of Google, we have yet to sort and upload our 2,000+ pictures :eek:

Archived