Signature Express Baggage Service

RayinIllinois

What is Signature Express Baggage Service? Will using this get me to the airport any faster than dragging the bags myself?
It won't get you to the airport any quicker, but you'll be able to skip the baggage check-in line once you're there. I think it also gets you your plane boarding pass, so you can go right to the security line for the gates.

We used this service when they first started several years ago and it was a great deal! They take your bag when you put it out the night before and you don't see it until you get home. They also get your boarding passes for you.

We used it again just last month and, although still convenient, I'm not sure the cost will be worth it to everyone. The charge from HAL is $20 per person - not bad! However, you still must pay the per bag fee charged by your airline and get yourself to the airport. So - for us and our two bags - that $40 service ending up costing us $100.

Even so - decidedly worth it for us!! :D

Last year when we were flying from FLL, Southwest did not participate. However, when we got outside with our luggage to get a cab there was a truck with a Southwest rep taking luggage and printing boarding passes. The cost was less than the Signautre Service. We were very happy with it and would do it again

Is this service offered in FLL for the Eurodam and is it free to passengers in suites?

We used the service on our last cruise - with RCCL, and it was free because we were in a Grand Suite. However, we still had to claim our bags in baggage, and then take over to the Delta kiosk in the port terminal.

Does USAir participate?

Good point, but to tell the truth, we were glad to claim our bags. :) I wanted to make sure the bags made it off the ship and were still intact. I place the cable ties on them and would be able to tell if the bags had been rummaged through before leaving the ship area. This way, if something is missing when we return home, we know it was the airlines and not the ship crew or port workers. We only had to walk them through customs and around the corner, anyway. ;)

I did see my bags in the customs area after leaving the ship. They were looked at there but I didn't have to haul them there or to the bus. Considering how many I had (some with scuba gear), I was very glad to be free of them. :)

You win! :)

BTW - I see you are from Tucson. I can't remember if I ever asked you, but I have relatives from there. One of them is a Head ref for NFL. Did I ask you already?

it was offered on our last cruise (Eurodam), same terms as everyone else, but we were told that if we did it, we had to be off the ship by 8:15am. Has anyone else experienced this?

We had used it before, on the Westerdam, and don't recall that we had a desembarkation time prior to 8:15am.

Used this service several times and it is worth it's weight in gold. You walk off the ship like getting of a bus. Can you tell me if it is offered off the Noordam to Spirit Airlines in Ft Lauderdale? Thanks

Sorry ... Spirit is not one of the airlines for which this service is available.

We have a complication. No seats were available for frequent-flyer-points redemption on Saturday coming back from our upcoming Oosterdam cruise, so we're staying over in San Diego and flying home on Sunday. We can easily make do with our carry-ons in SD. Does anybody here know: will the signature express baggage service hold our to-be-checked luggage overnight for a next-day flight?

We have a complication. No seats were available for frequent-flyer-points redemption on Saturday coming back from our upcoming Oosterdam cruise, so we're staying over in San Diego and flying home on Sunday. We can easily make do with our carry-ons in SD. Does anybody here know: will the signature express baggage service hold our to-be-checked luggage overnight for a next-day flight?

I believe the service is available only for passengers flying out the day of disembarkation.

Archived