Insurance Question - Delay due to weather

agoyal2

I have the following question:

I am booked on a Cruise departing from Orlando FL on 26th Feb @ 4:00 PM. I also have an Independetly booked flight that takes me from Cincinnati to Orlando and reached Orlando at 11:22 AM. If due to bad weather my flight is delayed by 4 hours (or cancelled), I will miss my cruise since it takes 1 hour to get from Airport to Cruise departure port.

If I cancel my flight and cruise at this point (after being informed of the 4 hour delay by the airline). Will I be reimbursed for the total cost of my trip (Flight + Cruise) If I have a TravelGurard Gold Policy?

Please let me know. The policy wording does not state this very clearly.

I am booked on a Cruise departing from Orlando FL on 26th Feb @ 4:00 PM. I also have an Independetly booked flight that takes me from Cincinnati to Orlando and reached Orlando at 11:22 AM. If due to bad weather my flight is delayed by 4 hours (or cancelled), I will miss my cruise since it takes 1 hour to get from Airport to Cruise departure port.

If I cancel my flight and cruise at this point (after being informed of the 4 hour delay by the airline). Will I be reimbursed for the total cost of my trip (Flight + Cruise) If I have a TravelGurard Gold Policy?

Please let me know. The policy wording does not state this very clearly.

If you call TravelGuard and ask to speak to the claims department they will answer your question.

You'll be expected to catch up with the cruise at a later port of call. But if you have ANY questions about your policy you should call the insurer itself. Travel Guard has numerous plans out there with differing coverages, and each of them can have some variations in the coverage depending on the state you live in.

Archived