? about St. Croix Excursion

Cruisin'BusyBee

• 1 month later...

The West end Highlights tour includes the Botanical Gardens, Whim Plantation, and the Lawetz Museum. These three locations are all very educational. You will recieve information about the islands flora and fauna, history, culture.

The Botanical gardens are set on an old plantation and you will be able to walk through while your guide points out different plant life and gives information about each area you pass.

The Whim plantation has been restored and holds many artifacts from the 17 and 1800's. You will recieve a walking tour of the great house and the property. including three different styles of sugar mills used in different time periods.

Lawetz is another plantation located closer to the rain forest. and again you will get insight into plantaion life back during the sugar cane days.

I have never actually taken the tour, but i have been to each site and if you are looking to experiance the history of the island this is a great way to do it. I believe on this tour you will be taken to each location by bus (about 25-30 people, depending on how many sign up.)

The Islander may be able to give more information about each site as well.

hope this helps,

STXMAN

thanks for info, we are into seeing & understanding various cultures. It is our 1st time to this IS and looking forward to our trip. I love to be able to spend more time but w/cruisin' u just get a tiny glimpse - hoping that maybe next time, we can do some beaches, too.............................

C/BB:)

Archived