Princess Insurance Pre Existing Conditions

kruisey

Thanks for the information regarding the difference between medical evacuation and medical coverage.

But I also disagree with your assessment of the cost of single coverage. I always check multiple policies and all of them are based on price paid. Many of them also are based on age, but not all.

You will pay more for insurance in a balcony cabin than you will in an inside cabin, regardless of being a solo or double booking, simply because it costs more to be in a balcony room. The Princess insurance policy is based solely on the amount paid for your cruise, so if your cruise costs more for any reason (solo, room type, length of cruise) your insurance will also cost more. At least they do not also charge for your age.

Have never had a balcony set that as an example.

i understand having to pay more as a solo for the cruise fare. Its just I don't feel the justification that one also has to pay up to double for the Insurance.There again also finding out due to my true ignorance of the fine print in Insurance policies that one has no medical coverage for this large paid premium for pre existing conditions.

It came as a great shock to me that if I wont to travel with Princess Insurance only will have to walk around on 'egg shells' in case I fall.:eek:

Its my own fault really for not reading in depth their policy.

I am out till this evening now so will answer if you have a question then.......Kruisey

One must also remember with a Pre Existing condition if you cancel Princess Insurance after final payment because it is pre-existing .You do not get your cash back.It has to go under the heading of 'Any Reason' so you get a 'Cruise Credit' only. If you cannot cruise ever again due to this medical problem then I presume after four years the credit is cancelled. You loose out.

If a person has a pre existing condition there are Insurance Companies that do cover although you pay a higher premium That is if yoor condition is stable for either 60 or 90 days before you travel.

For those that don't have a known medical problem Princess Insurance is excellent because you will be covered for everything.If you have to cancel you do get your cash returned at 75% or 100%.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to chime in here on the "singles pay more" subject. As pointed out, their trip cost can be double that of a double occupancy passenger and thus the insurer's loss exposure in the event of a cancellation is doubled. That seems fair to me.

With my car insurance on my 18 year old Buick I pay $XX per year. My neighbor with his brand new Porsche pays about 10 times what I do. Is that fair? He probably doesn't think so. But if we smash into each other and both cars are totaled the cost to his insurer will be at least 10 times what I'll recover from mine. Of course we could maybe find an insurer that charges the same for every driver regardless of the value of the car but those like me that drive junkers would have to pay way more to cover our share of the total risk pool while the Porsche drivers would be getting a huge break.

The only "fair" way to price this type of insurance is to make sure that everyone pays a premium that is consistent with the potential loss exposure to the insurer. If you don't do it this way then you get all sorts of pricing distortions. For example, if there was a flat rate per person premium those double occupancy passengers would have to pay more than they should in order to subsidize the loss exposure that isn't covered by the premium collected from the single occupancy passengers. That would be putting an unfair burden on them.

Archived