RT car rental to LAX or 1-way to LGB

bedfordmom

Hi we are cruising the Mariner April 18 and I am obsessing about the rental car. We are arriving three days prior and renting a car from LAX. Right now I have a one way rental returning it to LGB and then having my husband drop us off at the port and then taking a cab or shuttle to the port. Should we do a RT shuttle from LAX and then shuttle together to the port or stay with the one way rental. I priced it out and with shuttles they come out almost exact. Which one is easier then?

We are also doing it in reverse to have a car one day after the cruise with a pickup at LGB and return to LAX

Any advice much appreciated.

Unfortunately most of the car rental places are closed on Sunday and we need the car until then. The only one Enterprise was much more than any of the two above options.

Hi we are cruising the Mariner April 18 and I am obsessing about the rental car. We are arriving three days prior and renting a car from LAX. Right now I have a one way rental returning it to LGB and then having my husband drop us off at the port and then taking a cab or shuttle to the port. Should we do a RT shuttle from LAX and then shuttle together to the port or stay with the one way rental. I priced it out and with shuttles they come out almost exact. Which one is easier then?

We are also doing it in reverse to have a car one day after the cruise with a pickup at LGB and return to LAX

Unfortunately most of the car rental places are closed on Sunday and we need the car until then. The only one Enterprise was much more than any of the two above options.

I would just stay with the one way rental unless you have plans that include going to Santa Monica or other points past LAX. If so, you could do that the day you board the ship and drop the car off at LAX on the way to the ship. You will need to take the shuttle from the rental car site (all are off airport at LAX) then to the ship. The LGB rental cars (except Enterprise) are all directly across a small street from the airport, so getting to a cab or a shuttle would be easy and quick.

Stay with your plan Long Beach is easy and closer to port you will be fine don't worry be happy you are going on a cruise have fun

Archived