It's NOT the Rotterdam!

LoraJ

I do have one question....since they took the hair dryers out of the bathroom....do they now have the hand held, plug in ones, that are normally found in one of the drawers????????PLEASE let me know if possible..Thanks..Carol

The hand-held hair dryers have been in the cabins right along. The ones in the bathroom were just left over from those days.

And I'm going to miss them! They came in real handy to clear the steam off the mirror.

I wonder where the electrical plug ended up when the dryer was removed? It was where I plugged in my toothbrush. :confused:

The hand-held hair dryers have been in the cabins right along. The ones in the bathroom were just left over from those days.

And I'm going to miss them! They came in real handy to clear the steam off the mirror.

I wonder where the electrical plug ended up when the dryer was removed? It was where I plugged in my toothbrush. :confused:

The new bathroom outlet on the Rotterdam is up high above the mirror now.:( It is really a reach for someone like me at 4'11" tall.

On our recent "Jan-Feb cruise aboard the Rotterdam, hubby removed one of the two B/R glasses from it's holder and then took the Sonicare charger cord and wrapped it twice around the "ring". The cord was still long enough to plug into the outlet above the mirror. The base of our Sonicare rested snugly atop the "ring" platform.:p

I would pretty much imagine that it ended up in a dumpster and, then, a recycling center. I seriously doubt there 's still a plug in there. :( I hope to be proving wrong.

Would you please tell me how to include a picture in your posr? Have tried

to do so but keep getting a reuqest for a link to a URL which I don't have. Simply want to include apicture which is on my hard drive. Thanks

Loraj gave the correct explanation. One can either attach a picture, in which case it comes up SMALL ... or one can display an image using the image-link function. To display an image that way you must FIRST upload the image you wish to display to a website where you have permission to store images for posting this way. Photobucket or, as in my case, my photo-gallery space on me.com, are good ways to go. There are even some photo-hosting sites (like flicker) that allow you to upload a limited number of photos for free. Other host-sites require a subscription to use their service. I, myself, own my own website, and I often host images for posting here over there. It all depends upon what it is I'm wanting to display.

Once you've uploaded the image you wish to display, you will then come here and create a post, including the URL for the image inside the image-link codes (or by using the image button in the controls on the post-screen).

It's really not hard, but the trick is having a place on the internet where you can host your images. Without that -- and without the URL to get back to each and every image you upload -- you can't post large images here.

The new bathroom outlet on the Rotterdam is up high above the mirror now.:( It is really a reach for someone like me at 4'11" tall.

Phooey. :mad: Sounds like it's in the same place as on the E-dam. On that ship the outlet was totally worthless to me. Once I found a nice, tall man to plug my toothbrush charger in for me, the cord was too short to set anywhere. I had to plug it in at the desk---at least there were two outlets at the desk. That's where my CPAP gets plugged in! And on the S- and R-class ships there's only the one outlet there!

RuthC is not happy about this. :mad: But thanks for the info. At least I know.

Bring a powerstrip JIC.

Yeah, I know. <sigh>. I have a triple tap that I always carry with my CPAP. That will serve the purpose. It's just that I hate having my toothbrush in the main part of the cabin when I need it in the bathroom.

What genius (and I use the term loosely) decided to put electrical outlets at the ceiling??? Some former NBA player now working in HAL/Seattle?

Many thanks for your wonderful report.

Our Express Docs were available today (Sunday afternoon here) & now printed out so we are raring to go!

Just the long flight on Qantas to LAX but at least it is an A380 which is supposed to have the new 'sleep on your side' seats.

The Rotterdam, I believe is now in Lima.

Regards

Noel & Pat

Ruth C--How about bringing a short extension cord to plug into the outlet in the BR so you can plug your toothbrush in there. I know what you mean about not having toothbrush in the BR where you really need it. Don't know what the electricians (or designers) were thinking (or not thinking) :)

She also answered the hair dryer one a little late, but here it goes:

They still have the hand held one in the cabin. You can only plug it in behind the desk, though. It won't work in the bathroom. My daughter will forward questions to me in e-mails if there are any other questions. Pat (bobpatj)

Thank you so much for posting the pics and great reviews - we are embarking on March 8th and soooooo looking forward to this cruise!

On the hair dryer issue/bathroom electrical outlets - would a dryer we bring from home work in the bathroom? As someone else suggested - would it be worthwhile bringing a power cord/extension cord for toothbrushes, hair dryers, curling irons etc.? Is there a separate outlet for a man's razor (if there is no doubt right beside the sink:rolleyes:)

Thanks,

YaYa

Ruth C--How about bringing a short extension cord to plug into the outlet in the BR so you can plug your toothbrush in there.

If the new bathroom outlet has been positioned where it is on the E-dam, I would need to grow at least a foot taller (or acquire a tall husband) to reach it. :(

(neither one is likely to happen.)

If the new bathroom outlet has been positioned where it is on the E-dam, I would need to grow at least a foot taller (or acquire a tall husband) to reach it. :(

(neither one is likely to happen.)

I can't become your husband, my dear ... but I'll be glad to come over and plug in your power strip for you! At your service, madam! :D

I can't become your husband, my dear ... but I'll be glad to come over and plug in your power strip for you! At your service, madam! :D

Thank you, Greg. Will you be joining me on all my cruises? :)

At your expense? ;)

Archived