Weather????

Have I made a mistake? I thought people escaped winter weather by going to the Caribbean? We are leaving on the Voyager Feb 28th. Right now it is fogged in to port. What should I expect for waether at other ports. Cozumel, Montego Bay,Jaimaca, and Grand Caymon. Has anyone been lately?

What you are seeing is not the norm...nore was the missed ports on the last circle like you are going on next week. Plan to have fun and you should have a great time.

Don't miss the Sting Ray City stop in Grand Cayman...it is an excellent place to see the sting rays and snorkle.

The record daily lows for Cozumel for the end of February are 57 degrees F with average lows in the 70's , and ave highs in the low 80's. So unless an unusually strong front makes it all the down into the caribbean (unlikely with the current jet stream pattern) you should have a nice trip. Happy anniversary !

In all the mid-Feb and early March cruises I've taken to the Caribbean (and I'm excluding the chilly Bahamas here), the weather has always been very warm. Of course it could've been 90 degrees every day in Feb for the last 20 years. Doesn't mean it will be THIS year. You can't really predict the weather! But if things are "normal," you'll be feelin' hot, hot, hot!

Have I made a mistake? I thought people escaped winter weather by going to the Caribbean? We are leaving on the Voyager Feb 28th. Right now it is fogged in to port. What should I expect for waether at other ports. Cozumel, Montego Bay,Jaimaca, and Grand Caymon. Has anyone been lately?

We were on Voyager Feb 7-14 (western). We just escaped the blizzard on the east coast, so anything that didn't involve feet of snow and shoveling was great for us. We were told it had been rainy and "cold" leading up to our arrival - we had clear, sunny weather for the days we were in Texas (starting the Friday before). The first day at sea was very windy and a bit chilly compared to what we've experienced leaving out of Florida, but it warmed up for the second day.

The weather in Cozumel was warm and sunny for most of the day, then there was a heavy thunderstorm in the late afternoon, but it passed in about a half an hour.

I think the weather should be fine and a nice, warm Caribbean winter get away. Have fun on your cruise!!

We were on Navigator 2/13-18. The weather was awful. We had cloudy and cold for the first two days (highs in the 60's). Our day in Labadee was cloudy and rain. We did manage to see sun in Jamaica for about 4 or 5 hours then more rain. At least the temperature there was in the 80s. The last day we had some sun but once again cool and very windy. We barely saw anyone use the pools all week. I hope your weather is better than ours was.

You are blessed with being able to go on vacation so just have a great time. :D It is impossible to know what the weather is going be.

Thanks for all your replies. I have decided to not worry just get packed put a smile on my face and make my way to Galveston! Vacation here I come!

Good idea. I have to say that although we had awful weather, we still had a great cruise. We saw many of the shows and participated in some of the ships activities. We hung out with our dinner table mates, who were absolutely awesome, and met many other people on board. Go and have a great time.

I have taken a cruise that week every year since '06, and also in '03. Well, one week it was mid-Feb, but every other year we have cruised over the last few days of Feb/first few days of March. We have always had beautiful weather! I realize there is no guarantee of that, but it's more likely than not that time of year. Leaving Sunday on Freedom out of Port Canaveral and I guess it may be cooler on embarkation day that what we usually experience. Still hoping it's a tank top day, though! :)

We were on the Grandeur last week, 2/15-2/20.

Tampa was about 40-50.

Costa Maya was mid 60s and Cozumel got up to about 70-72 degrees.

Definitely not beach weather. Cozumel was very breezi, which made it feel cooler.

We've cruised this week in the past and have always found it a great getaway week.

Archived