Injured on Cruise Ship?

momdabomb

The thing that made the biggest impression on me was how many of our fellow passengers' first comment after asking what happened was "I hope you at least get a free cruise out of it!" What happened was my own stupid, clumsy fault and in no way was the cruise line's fault. Why would that, by any stretch of the imagination, obligate the cruise line to give me ANYTHING? I finally came to the conclusion that this is a reflection on the state of society today and was kind of sad.

My views on this also. I feel the cruise line owes the OP nothing, and I am puzzled why there is an issue at all. If she was unhappy with something, the time to voice that concern was at the time it happened, when something could have been done.

My guess is that the OP started to believe that there was something out there free for the asking, and want's to go get it. It's sad that people feel a sense of entitlement when normal, everyday things happen, like a sprained ankle.

I sincerely hope there is no "free cruise", or any other sort of compensation given to the OP, or else it will just fan the flames of the Robin Hood mindset that, unfortunately, exists in our society.

She wants to file a complaint because some jerkoff spilled his wine on the way to the dining room 2 minutes before she got there? If that's how it goes, I'd like to file a complaint against the jerkoff that cut me off in traffic this morning.

Wine? What wine? 2 minutes ? where did you get that? your making stuff up just so you will feel justified in slamming the OP...classy real classy.

I don't know about you, but I'm not usually looking down at the floor when I walk so I wouldn't have saw the pool of water either. If I were out on deck after a rain, I would expect there to be water and would be prepared for it, but not walking into a dining room on elegant night most likely wearing heels. Whoever spilled the water in the first place should've been the one to take responsibility and had it cleaned up immediately before someone slipped on it.

Good post, I know when I have spilled water from a glass. Someone working in the MDR knew there was "liquid" on the floor.

I'll bet the liquid was tomato juice, that is why it was so slick.

ROFLMAO... this brought tears to my eyes.

OP I am not laughing at you I definitely feel for you. I don't think you're seeking anything unreasonable in an apology... not even so much for the fact that water was on the floor because we can debate on and on as to how long it was there etc.... but certainly for the lack of concern that MDR staff extended.... which seems to be corroborated now for the other posters who doubt you.

My views on this also. I feel the cruise line owes the OP nothing, and I am puzzled why there is an issue at all. If she was unhappy with something, the time to voice that concern was at the time it happened, when something could have been done.

My guess is that the OP started to believe that there was something out there free for the asking, and want's to go get it. It's sad that people feel a sense of entitlement when normal, everyday things happen, like a sprained ankle.

I sincerely hope there is no "free cruise", or any other sort of compensation given to the OP, or else it will just fan the flames of the Robin Hood mindset that, unfortunately, exists in our society.

I think if Carnival wants to give compensation in the form of free cruises, they should plan one cruise per year and put all the whining, you owe me people on that ship, take it or leave it, this is the only one you get, then all these people will have to deal with each other on the ship. Wont that be fun!

Archived