two twins convert to king????

sj1720

Hello I am cruising on Carnival Liberty and was wondering what exactly does it mean when they say they convert two twins to a king bed? Do they put a king mattress on it atleast? I just keep thinking when my boyfriend and I go to bed we are going to have this big crack in between us. Thanks for answering it is appreciated.

Thank you I know us newbies have some of the strangest questions but you are all so nice to answer them anyway. I think I'm just so excited I can't stop thinking about it and all the wierd questions pop into my head. Thanks again

Actually I was wondering how some cruise lines say the twins are converted to a king and others to a queen......anyone know?

Some of the "twin" beds are slightly smaller, so when they push them together you get a queen:D

Actually a California King is longer than a normal King. It is 4 inches longer but is 4 inches narrower. I bought a Ca. King because I am 6'4" and didn't want my feet to feel the end of the bed which it does on a Queen and King. The downside now is I moved to Texas and you can't buy sheets for it here!

Hello I am cruising on Carnival Liberty and was wondering what exactly does it mean when they say they convert two twins to a king bed? Do they put a king mattress on it atleast? I just keep thinking when my boyfriend and I go to bed we are going to have this big crack in between us. Thanks for answering it is appreciated.

Good to know I'm not the only one with crazy questions! :D

I decided it was a california king, since a king is longer if its a real king.

It's the opposite...longer than a regular king. I think the beds are more the size of a queen bed when pushed together.

Actually a California King is longer than a normal King. It is 4 inches longer but is 4 inches narrower. I bought a Ca. King because I am 6'4" and didn't want my feet to feel the end of the bed which it does on a Queen and King. The downside now is I moved to Texas and you can't buy sheets for it here!

We bought the CA king because our bedroom is a bit on the narrow side.

To the OP, don't worry about a seperation on the bed, they definitely won't come apart in the middle of the night :)

I have to disagree with some of the answers. I guess it depends on the ship. I was on the Carnival Ecstasy in April and we had the twin mattresses pushed together with only a king size sheet. There was nothing to fill in the crack in the middle.

We thought it was just our bed, but when we talked to 3 other couples at dinner, they all had the same problem. We laughed about having to fight over who had to lay in the crack, but it was still a little annoying.

On that same note, I've been on the Disney Wonder twice and both times and I wouldn't have known they were 2 seperate mattresses.

Try Target for the cali king sheets.

Try Target for the cali king sheets.

I have but haven't seen any. I did find out recently that Bed Bath and Beyond carry two styles in Cali King.

I am cheap by nature though and usually buy sheets on sale in the off season so it is next to impossible to find that size on sale in Texas. If they would have only called it a Texas King. Then they would have sold them all over the country including California.

Normally, you tell your travel agent when you book whether you want the beds apart or together. If you get to your cabin and find they're not right, ask your steward to fix it - should be all done before bedtime!

Depending on the layout of your cabin, they may be "wedged together" with a night stand on either side, or there may be some wiggle room where they could slide apart sometimes. So, before bed time, get on one side, have your SO get on the other side, and push them back together again.

• 4 weeks later...
Depending on the layout of your cabin, they may be "wedged together" with a night stand on either side, or there may be some wiggle room where they could slide apart sometimes. So, before bed time, get on one side, have your SO get on the other side, and push them back together again.

If I recall correctly, on Royal Caribbean, there was something on the frames that hooked together, so they wouldn't come apart.