Caribbean Princess lido deck

heyshestall1

I asked this in another thread but didn't get many answers.

What are the drawbacks to having a cabin on the lido deck? (aside from being dangerously close to the food) :)

What kind of cabin?

We don't care for the location due to the foot traffic heading to the observation area over the bridge, smoke being drawn into the hallway from the smoking area outside the doors on one side, heat being drawn into the hallway from malfunctioning exit doors. IMO. ;)

And I don't see how they justify classifying Lido balconies as BA's, they have the small balconies inlike the Caribe deck BA's. :rolleyes:

We've been on the Lido deck on the Crown, Caribbean and Ruby and have had no problems with any of the issues that ColoCruiser details. We absolutely love the location and haven't had any problems with the foot traffic outside the door (and we have always been on the same side as the door to the observation area) or smoke being drawn from the outer decks. We love the convenience and can't wait for out next Lido deck cruise.

We've been on the Lido deck on the Crown, Caribbean and Ruby and have had no problems with any of the issues that ColoCruiser details. We absolutely love the location and haven't had any problems with the foot traffic outside the door (and we have always been on the same side as the door to the observation area) or smoke being drawn from the outer decks. We love the convenience and can't wait for out next Lido deck cruise.

I'm with BigGuy here. We have always been on the Lido Deck of the Grand Class ships and have never experienced any issues. Once in a while we will hear a sweeper being ran above us, but it's not been a problem. We love the location. I have read where people are concerned about feeling the movement of the ship in that location, but it's never bothered us. We love the convenience of being close to the pools and food.

Mike

We love the Lido deck for the following reasons: 1. If you are down past where the elevators let people out and closer to the front of the ship there is no foot traffic. 2. Very convenient to the pools. 3. Very close to Sancuary and spas. 4. Dangerously close to the food! 5. No one above you to throw food and cigarette butts onto your balcony.

Just make sure you are under the spa and not the exercise areas.

I booked a Lido deck inside cabin for our July cruise. I usually book balcony cabins, but we took an additional cruise this year, and we are doing a few days in Vegas this summer. I am looking at it as if the Lido deck is our balcony! We are a bit further up the hall, so I don't think traffic should be an issue.

Prices for my cruise dropped dramatically since I booked and a balcony guarantee is only a few dollars more than the price I originally paid for an inside on Lido, but I am not going to get the balcony. I am very curious about this location and think I might really enjoy it. My wife didn't even step on the balcony once last summer, so she probably wont miss it.

hi all, my mom and dad had a balcony cabin on the lido deck. they love it. the only bad thing is you can feel the ship move. we hit a cold front out of new york the first night and day we had 16 to 20 feet waves my mom and dad stay in the rooom the first day . the rest of trip was great. have fun cruisedave38

Our friends were in a lido balcony last year on the Ruby and LOVED it!! They were about halfway along the hallway. Loved being close to the pools and buffet.

Halfway down the passageway is OK; any cabin #300 or higher means heavy foot traffic outside it. I wouldn't want one of them. I;ve posted this more than once, so I hope no one gets upset.:rolleyes:

We always book insides on the Lido deck. We just love being that close to the pools, MUTS, grill, buffet, etc. And, it's great when you are at the pool and have to go back to your cabin for forgotten items and/or a bathroom break. No long halls to deal with. We have never encountered a lot of movement.

Although, we normally sail in the fall, we have decided to try a spring cruise this year. We were able to secure great pricing so decided to splurge on a balcony. We booked a guarantee, so haven't received our cabin assignment yet. Keeping our fingers crossed for a great one!

We always book insides on the Lido deck. We just love being that close to the pools, MUTS, grill, buffet, etc. And, it's great when you are at the pool and have to go back to your cabin for forgotten items and/or a bathroom break. No long halls to deal with. We have never encountered a lot of movement.

Although, we normally sail in the fall, we have decided to try a spring cruise this year. We were able to secure great pricing so decided to splurge on a balcony. We booked a guarantee, so haven't received our cabin assignment yet. Keeping our fingers crossed for a great one!

I'd agree with this... as long as you're forward of the elevator core, it's a great location.

You now have me even more excited about being on the Lido deck. I would go with a balcony if one on Lido became available. As much as I will miss the balcony this year, I am so curious about being on the Lido deck. Being that the balconies on this deck are BA and highest priced, I'm gonna forego it. If I feel I really need the balcony, I will upgrade to a guarantee and hope for the best.

Enjoy your cruise,

Freddie

I'd agree with this... as long as you're forward of the elevator core, it's a great location.

Amen, but apparently many people couldn't care less. I am awaiting assignment of a balcony cabin on the CB, and I'm holding my breath that it isn't one of the BAs aft of the elevator. I know I won't have a legitimate complaint if it is, but I crave peace and quiet, not Times Square on New Year's Eve.:D

Archived