Anyone Ever Refused Passage due to Illness??

mikjr

Sarcasm aside.........

I am not good at hypotheticals. We all think we know what we would do until we actually have to walk the walk.

Out of a great many days at sea, I once contracted Noro Virus on the next to last day of one cruise. I self-quarantined as did my DH. We actually thought of others besides ourselves and did not leave our cabin. After about 12 hours, I felt well enough to go out and about and certainly to sit at pool but I knew I was still contagiuous. We stayed in our cabin.

We also contacted an appropriate officer to inform him we were not ill enough to require medical attention (had meds from home with us) but wanted him to know our cabin needed special attention when we left. There was little else we could do to try and protect others. It wasn't only 'about us'. Isn't that what intelligent, considerate people do?

:)

Well I will say that I wouldn't go so far as to contaminate the rest of the ship deliberately & would stay to ourselves but never consider not boarding, which is most likely by answering the medical form truthfully.

On a couple of our Alaskan cruises --we were doing back-to-back cruises, we did have people refused boarding the ship in Seward. The ships had no problems on our cruise from Vancouver to Seward - no one was ill. Then some passengers arrived from the land tours -- they were sick with the Noro and they were denied boarding the ship.

On one of our Alaskan cruises, the captain put off sick passengers in various ports.

I have no idea if they got a refund or not.

And how did the ship actually know if they were sick or not with the Noro?

Archived