Just Returned from Radiance! NO Plumbing Issue, but........

Perhaps a "haunted" Stateroom! I kid you not. More on that later......

The Guarantee Lottery gave us 7551, which was not a bad location and just steps away from the forward elevators with no Stateroom directly above and no neighboring Stateroom on one side. While I had been aware of Radiance's previous plumbing issues, luckily for us, we didn't experience any ourselves. Although the Balcony Stateroom directly across from us, 7552 had some major pipe leaks and foul odor on the cruise just prior to our 2/12 sailing (as noted in their review at the CC Radiance page). And while waiting to disembark, a couple mentioned they awoke in the wee hours that last night to about 8 inches of flooding in their Deck 8 Stateroom. Yikes!!

SO I'd mentioned the possibility of 7551 being "haunted"....... Firstly, I do want to note that I am keenly aware that plenty of odd inexplicable snap, crackle and pop can eminate from these modular built Staterooms and we have now cruised enough to regconize what to expect as par for the course.

The first 3 nights passed uneventfully, but by night 4 all the odd "bump in the night" sound started happening. In addition to the inexplicable weird "thud" and "dum" sounds, both DH and I got the creepy sense that "someone" or "something" was in our Stateroom. I mean, we both felt something or a presence in our Stateroom--AND only in the nighttime!! This presence, whatever it was, combined with the mysterious noises kept us from much of a good night's sleep. After 3 nights of being kept awake by whatever it was, and when the lack of sleep is the motivator, I felt I needed to say something to Guest Services (if nothing else, at least find out if there's any record of similar comments for that Stateroom). After describing the near indescribable, the Guest Service Personnel I spoke to suggested that we call them immediately and they'll dispatch someone to investigate the next time we experience said mystery noises. By this time, our cruise was near 2/3rds over and to have to call someone to our Stateroom in the wee hours to wait out for the next mystery noise was just as unappealing as being kept awake. So we didn't call, despite being continuedly kept from a good night's sleep. By the 6th or 7th day, I finally had a chance to asked our Stateroom Attendant (who has serviced that section for 3 months now) if any previous occupants of 7551 have mentioned anything and to his knowledge, ours was the first he'd heard of the Stateroom's odd noises and our self-described weird feeling. Make of it what you will, I just know that for DH and I, it was indeed odd and we both felt it, whatever it was...... And if you've experienced 7551 personally, I hope you'll let us know how it went!

And it was a great cruise BTW!!

Very interesting thread to me, since i run a paranormal investigation group here in Florida. Perhaps I can help shed some light on natural things that cause what you were feeling. First I would totally debunk the noises and bumps as natural ship movement and creeks. Second high EMF readings in a location can cause the feeling of dread or someone watching you. EMF is caused by change in enviroment from electrical items, wiring, etc etc. Being you were at the front of the ship possibly below the bridge area this could cause high EMF. Also some people are sensitive to EMF more than others. Soooo there is a logical explanationfor this, not neccesarily a haunting.

Very interesting thread to me, since i run a paranormal investigation group here in Florida. Perhaps I can help shed some light on natural things that cause what you were feeling. First I would totally debunk the noises and bumps as natural ship movement and creeks. Second high EMF readings in a location can cause the feeling of dread or someone watching you. EMF is caused by change in enviroment from electrical items, wiring, etc etc. Being you were at the front of the ship possibly below the bridge area this could cause high EMF. Also some people are sensitive to EMF more than others. Soooo there is a logical explanationfor this, not neccesarily a haunting.

Geeee no offense:p but you just ruined a good ghost story for all of us:confused:.

For the curious (yet at times wimpy) side of me, I will gladly accept Skyking's possible spectculations. But I would so love to hear from anyone would've ever experience this Stateroom or is the person(s) currently in that particular Stateroom during the current sailing will have any personal experince to add here.

I love the idea of living on a cruise ship in the afterlife comment. Thank you all for your input.

Archived