Have facts about beverage pkgs and martini bar!

Krusin' Kitty

I emailed Celebrity Cruise Lines (Yes I name dropped cruisecritic.com) I thought this may be helpful to my fellow cruisers on cruise critic ( I will post this on the other boards also). I plan to bring a copy of this email with me on my cruise as insurance to cover my kitty tail! Heres what I wrote them:

I am sailing on the Century on 3/25/10 for the 3rd time and I was inquiring about the premium liquor package. I was disappointed in hearing from some of my fellow cruise mates on cruisecritic.com that it does not include any drinks from the martini bar, even though it is a “premium package” and some say they have used it at the martini bar, I am confused. I purchased a frozen package because I like pina coladas and daquiris at the poolside during the day, but love the martini bar at in the evening and occasional brandy or irish coffee after dinner. But my real love is the Martini Bar and my hobby is trying new martini concoctions and a martini “flight”. Can you settle the confusion for me, a regular and devoted Celebrity cruiser and captains club member , so I can make an informed purchase (as it would be quite an expensive waste of money if I couldn’t use it at the Martini Bar). My friends at cruisecritic.com would like to know the facts too, as it seems they have had different experiences on different sailings/ships.

Please help!

Necolen Rogers

Heres the answer they gave me:

Hello Ms. Rogers,

In regards to your inquiry, yes you may use the Premium Liquor package at the Martini bar.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at www.BeveragePackages@celebrity.com

Thank you,

Crystal Watts

Celebrity RRD/Beverage Package

Trade Support and Service - ICT Campus

1-800-722-5941

www.BeveragePackages@celebrity.com

I emailed Celebrity Cruise Lines (Yes I name dropped cruisecritic.com) I thought this may be helpful to my fellow cruisers on cruise critic ( I will post this on the other boards also). I plan to bring a copy of this email with me on my cruise as insurance to cover my kitty tail! Heres what I wrote them:

I am sailing on the Century on 3/25/10 for the 3rd time and I was inquiring about the premium liquor package. I was disappointed in hearing from some of my fellow cruise mates on cruisecritic.com that it does not include any drinks from the martini bar' date=' even though it is a “premium package” and some say they have used it at the martini bar, I am confused. I purchased a frozen package because I like pina coladas and daquiris at the poolside during the day, but love the martini bar at in the evening and occasional brandy or irish coffee after dinner. But my real love is the Martini Bar and my hobby is trying new martini concoctions and a martini “flight”. Can you settle the confusion for me, a regular and devoted Celebrity cruiser and captains club member , so I can make an informed purchase (as it would be quite an expensive waste of money if I couldn’t use it at the Martini Bar). My friends at cruisecritic.com would like to know the facts too, as it seems they have had different experiences on different sailings/ships.[/size']

Please help!

Necolen Rogers

Hello Ms. Rogers,

In regards to your inquiry, yes you may use the Premium Liquor package at the Martini bar.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at www.BeveragePackages@celebrity.com

Thank you,

Crystal Watts

1-800-722-5941

All I have to say is Nice Picture! Yowser.

I am sailing on the Century on 3/25/10 for the 3rd time and I was inquiring about the premium liquor package. I was disappointed in hearing from some of my fellow cruise mates on cruisecritic.com that it does not include any drinks from the martini bar' date=' even though it is a “premium package” and some say they have used it at the martini bar, I am confused. I purchased a frozen package because I like pina coladas and daquiris at the poolside during the day, but love the martini bar at in the evening and occasional brandy or irish coffee after dinner. But my real love is the Martini Bar and my hobby is trying new martini concoctions and a martini “flight”. Can you settle the confusion for me, a regular and devoted Celebrity cruiser and captains club member , so I can make an informed purchase (as it would be quite an expensive waste of money if I couldn’t use it at the Martini Bar). My friends at cruisecritic.com would like to know the facts too, as it seems they have had different experiences on different sailings/ships.[/size']

Please help!

Necolen Rogers

Hello Ms. Rogers,

Thank you,

Crystal Watts

1-800-722-5941

Uh-Huh. But the catch is "only up to 11.00 drinks" You need an answer that is more specific from them. Like you can get ANY martini you want regardless of cost.....

Please help!

Necolen Rogers

Hello Ms. Rogers,

Thank you,

Crystal Watts

1-800-722-5941

Did you purchase the "Premium Liquor Package", or the "Frozen Drinks Package" or both?

All I have to say is Nice Picture! Yowser.

Thanks! As I mentioned in another post, I am easy to spot, almost every cruise I have been on, someone on the staff/crew/or passenger says I look like the late Anna Nicole Smith. So now I sometimes work as a celebrity lookalike, no kidding!:D

Thanks! As I mentioned in another post' date=' I am easy to spot, almost every cruise I have been on, someone on the staff/crew/or passenger says I look like the late Anna Nicole Smith. So now I sometimes work as a celebrity lookalike, no kidding!:D[/quote']

Whew! After I posted that I thought you might be offended. Glad you weren't.

Well I purchased the frozen one' date=' I would like to have both. But I will have to figure out which one would work out better....decisions decisions......[/quote']

Hi Krusin Kitty:

I think Ms. Watts at Celebrity may have understood that you had purchased the "premium liquor package" when she said that you could use your package in the Martini Bar.

I'm fairly sure that the frozen drinks package will just give you access to frozen drinks as it says on the website.....

Frozen Drinks Package

From Strawberry, Piña Colada, Banana and Raspberry, to Mango, Peach, Passion Fruit and Margarita, enjoy an unlimited variety of frozen and blended drinks, available at all bars throughout the ship.

:)

it is a correct address Albert. I emailed them at that address. its the one that was on the email I recieved from Celebrity if I had any further questions about the beverage packages after I purchased my frozen pkg. I think you dont need to put the www in front and it is in all lowercase. there is a phone number there and I called it too just a while ago. Yes it covers ALL drinks up to $11. I think that does cover most of the martinis and cordials doesnt it? At least it does from my past experiences. Any thoughts?

Does the Martini Bar have a blender? That would be the kicker on being able to use the Frozen Drink Package "anywhere".

The blender at the bar on Barefoot beach in Labadee broke down so my wife was "forced" ;) to drink cocktails for the rest of the day.

.... Yes it covers ALL drinks up to $11. I think that does cover most of the martinis and cordials doesnt it? At least it does from my past experiences. Any thoughts?

Based on reviewing Larry Simon's (lsimon) link to martini menus, it does seem to cover almost every one! Enjoy your martinis Kitty!!!!:D

it is a correct address Albert. I emailed them at that address. its the one that was on the email I recieved from Celebrity if I had any further questions about the beverage packages after I purchased my frozen pkg. I think you dont need to put the www in front and it is in all lowercase. there is a phone number there and I called it too just a while ago. Yes it covers ALL drinks up to $11. I think that does cover most of the martinis and cordials doesnt it? At least it does from my past experiences. Any thoughts?

WIth respect, what information do you have that makes you think that the FROZEN package will cover martinis?

The email that you posted above says that the PREMIUM LIQUOR package can be used in the Martini Bar.

It doesn't say that the FROZEN package can be used in the martini bar.

WIth respect, what information do you have that makes you think that the FROZEN package will cover martinis?

The email that you posted above says that the PREMIUM LIQUOR package can be used in the Martini Bar.

It doesn't say that the FROZEN package can be used in the martini bar.

She is referring to the Premium Liquor package. She may get that IN ADDITION to the frozen drink package she already purchased.

Most of them are between $9-11 anyway. Murano Martinis are usually more. I like the little "sampler platters" or "flights" as they call them. They are usually $9 at happy hour.

Hi, they are not 9.00 anymore:eek:....last couple of cruises I have been on

they were doubled that price. I was on Equinox in November and

Summit last month...both were closer to 20 bucks instead of the

old 10.00....I passed on them and had a regular sized Martini instead.

This site is excellent they have the martini and drink prices from most of the bars - Solstice, which is what we will cruise, prices are equal to Miami, New York, LA = :mad: http://schplinky.smugmug.com/gallery/7327465_UEcv4#471459374_d3RA5 (PS - make sure to look at page 2...)

"Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.” Francis Bacon, Sr.

This site is excellent they have the martini and drink prices from most of the bars - Solstice, which is what we will cruise, prices are equal to Miami, New York, LA = :mad: http://schplinky.smugmug.com/gallery/7327465_UEcv4#471459374_d3RA5 (PS - make sure to look at page 2...)

"Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.” Francis Bacon, Sr.

Thanks...I knew the Martini Flight went up. It says 18.95...that was the

cost on Equniox as well.

I'm sorry but you must be mistaken. We were on the Equinox in November as well and the Martini's were around $10 at the Martini bar, plus 15%. Even the Murano Martini which includes a souvenir martini glass in the price was well under $20.

And for those of you unfamiliar with the Martini Bar - the martinis there are large, about 4oz. They have smaller martinis available in some of the other bars for around $6 or $7.

I'm sorry but you must be mistaken. We were on the Equinox in November as well and the Martini's were around $10 at the Martini bar, plus 15%. Even the Murano Martini which includes a souvenir martini glass in the price was well under $20.

And for those of you unfamiliar with the Martini Bar - the martinis there are large, about 4oz. They have smaller martinis available in some of the other bars for around $6 or $7.

Hi Larry,:) check the link in the other post....there is a large breakdown

of prices for the "Martini Flight"...prices for everything and it says over

18.00. Yes, regular martinis were still in the 10.00 range, but not the martini flight.

I am always ready to admit when I am mistaken because plenty of

times I am wrong.:eek:...but no, in this case I am not mistaken.

When I was on Mercury back in Sept I remember thinking it was the

first time I did not do the Martini Flight because when I saw the price

I decided it was not worth it to me.

Archived