Pre-existing Condition Question

EmmasNana

What exactly does this mean? My DH takes a cholesterol med and something for high blood pressure. He has never had anything wrong with him (except high cholesterol count and HBP readings), just takes these meds as a preventative. So, if he had a heart attack on a cruise does this mean he had better have the insurance that includes pre-existing conditions?

Also, what does that mean when they say look back 60 days or something like that?

I would say that I would be careful with the Pre-existing, I think if the insurance co can get away with using this as an excuse NOT to pay a claim then they will. For example, I mentioned that I have arthritis in both knees and would be getting a cortisone shot 2 wks before I go on the cruise, if I fall on board, or lose my balance they can blame my knees and say I had this preexisting condition to cause the fall, also if your husbands meds change in any way with in the window before purchasing the policy that can be a reason not to pay a claim. So, I purchased a policy that included preexisting waiver, just to be safe.

Thanks for your reply. I booked my cruise in November and we don't leave until Sept. The last cruise I used a insurance provider that included the pre existing thing but they no longer sell to Texas. I then tried to get insurance for our European cruise that isn't until 2011. I am still under 21 days from booking, but only one insurance provider (through insuremytrip) would even give me a quote. Most won't give you a quote that far out.

I use insuremytrip and another squaremouth.com (recommended by consumer reports) to do comparison quotes and what they each covered. BUT after choosing CSA Luxe, I went direct to their own website CSA.com and it was $200 cheaper for my policy insuring $30,000. I read you should visit the insurers website directly to get the lowest price.

CSA LUXE was the only one that would give me the preexist waiver as I put my deposit down in aug 2009 final payment is march 20.

jean

Archived