Help me figure out what we need in trip insurance

MnAsMom

I declined the insurance offered by RCCL cause I remember everyone saying it's better to go to insuremytrip or the like. So I went to that site and there are so many options I have no idea what I am looking at. We will be driving to the port so I don't need to cover flights and such. I wanted to cover cancellations due to illness or injury and I suppose medical should we need to be airlifted etc. What do I need to look for on the insurance sites??? Please help me if you've done this before. Oh and the cruise line quoted $176 for our family of 4... I am assuming we can do better pricewise?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

~Tondi

I declined the insurance offered by RCCL cause I remember everyone saying it's better to go to insuremytrip or the like. So I went to that site and there are so many options I have no idea what I am looking at. We will be driving to the port so I don't need to cover flights and such. I wanted to cover cancellations due to illness or injury and I suppose medical should we need to be airlifted etc. What do I need to look for on the insurance sites??? Please help me if you've done this before. Oh and the cruise line quoted $176 for our family of 4... I am assuming we can do better pricewise?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

~Tondi

The amount you pay is based on the amount you want to insure, in this case probably the cost of your cruise. If you have not bought insurance before, I would suggest looking at the website, then calling InsureMyTrip. If you just fill things out yourself, you could make a mistake and pay too much, e.g. I put the total cost of the trip for two where it should have been for one:rolleyes: and doubled the cost.

The amount you pay is based on the amount you want to insure, in this case probably the cost of your cruise. If you have not bought insurance before, I would suggest looking at the website, then calling InsureMyTrip. If you just fill things out yourself, you could make a mistake and pay too much, e.g. I put the total cost of the trip for two where it should have been for one:rolleyes: and doubled the cost.

Thank You. I kinda came to that conclusion myself while trying to figure out what I needed and which company etc. My head was spinning. Do I need 100,000 or 500,000 coverage for med evac? I think I need to talk to someone directly and make sure I don't make any mistakes or assume I am covered for something and find we are not when we might really need it! I will be calling in the morning... they were closed by the time I figured out I needed to actually talk to someone!

thank you for the reply!

Here is a link to the insurance I used on my last 10 cruise to the caribbean where I also drove to the port. From my research, the insurance carrier is "A" rated which is good to know. Take a look at the sight and read over the information. It is fairly straight forward, easy to understand and much less expensive then others.

http://www.worldnomads.com/insurance.aspx

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Steve

Archived