WHY DO WE DO IT? Why do we bring snacks on board?!?

Luluwa

I bring snacks such as granola bars because I sometimes suffer from hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), and at night in my cabin, I may need a snack with carbohydrates to bring my blood sugar to normal levels. I also need the bars in port for when we are sightseeing before finding a restaurant for lunch. I also bring glucose tablets with me. Even at home, I never leave the house without a snack of some sort as I never know when hypoglycemia may strike.

You can order chips and pretzels from room service.....

Popcorn is available at night when they show movies on the Lido Deck.

You can get munchies at most of the bars.....you sometimes have to ask....and they are different each night.

They charge for popcorn and I have to tip for room service........I'll bring my own:D

Well although it is true that there always has been- you can never take enough precautions. Maybe, just maybe, this time out they will run out of food and if not for your snacks you might starve to death on the high seas!:D

Some of us like to snack on snacks.......not hamburgers:rolleyes:

Some of us like to snack on snacks.......not hamburgers:rolleyes:

LOL!!

true.

On a cruise though, I find myself snacking on Long Island Iced Teas and Martinis. :eek:

food snacks just kill the buzz. :p

I am a fluffy woman but I very seldom ever snack - I can last a plane trip. There is so much food on the ship that I can't think of anything to bring. I take back cheese and fruit to the cabin if I want something but usually I am full after breakfast, lunch and supper and all those DODs. For one week I can do without my comfort foods or snacks.

Why do we bring our favorite snacks onboard when there is more food and goodies to eat than we could eat in a lifetime?

But - I always do! WHY? :rolleyes:

I have never even thought of bringing snacks on board. There is so much food available. So am not sure why you would.:rolleyes:

I've never brought snacks on board from home, but sometimes I'll bring snacks back from a port. I'm a sucker for potato chips sold in different parts of North America. They all taste about the same, but I buy some in almost every city. Just weird that way, I guess.

On two different cruises, half way through we got a salt craving. Couldn't wait to get to a port to buy some chips. As someone else mentioned, the ship's store sells Pringles but I don't want to spend what it would cost to buy a case of them at home.

I don't bring snacks. I eat more at mealtime than I'm used to, so snacking doesn't even occur to me.

I've always wondered who buys the snacks in the gift shop. I can totally understand if someone wants a snack, even if I don't. I can't imagine wanting one badly enough to pay those prices. :D

Why do we bring our favorite snacks onboard when there is more food and goodies to eat than we could eat in a lifetime?

But - I always do! WHY? :rolleyes:

Very simple They don't have MILANO cookies on board :)

I would rather snack on a couple handfuls of nuts than on a slice of pizza so I always bring a can of peanuts and/or cashews wherever I travel (cruise or land vacation).

YES!!!! I also bring cashews to go with my Milano cookies. Sometimes it's late an you just want a little nibble. snacks can replace lunch for me. Diet coke and a handful of Milano cookies. the snack food of champions-- has 2 important food groups...:D and I only have to cross the room to get them.

Archived