Go With Gus still in business???

chrisv348

I have tried to the last two weeks to contact GoWithGusTours. Emails are coming back undeliverable and I keep getting error messages when I submit contact information via the website. Has anyone been in contact with this tour group? I've heard good things about their Rio Dulce Humanitarian Tour and I am interested in booking but I can't seem to reach anyone.

I have tried to the last two weeks to contact GoWithGusTours. Emails are coming back undeliverable and I keep getting error messages when I submit contact information via the website. Has anyone been in contact with this tour group? I've heard good things about their Rio Dulce Humanitarian Tour and I am interested in booking but I can't seem to reach anyone.

Someone on our roll call heard from him March 2. Double check your email address. I have wondered if he is out of touch as he moves back and forth between Georgia and Guatemala.

Gus was on the dock last Wed. March 3 greeting arrivals on NCL Spirit. He had a bulletin board with the names of visitors looking for him. Try googling Gus for his website. I had successfully e-mailed him a couple of weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...
We were with Gus a week ago Tues, Mar 2nd and personally had him and his wife as tour guides on the Colonial Antigua Tour. We thoroughly enjoyed the full day.

Below is the latest email that I used and was successful with for Gus.

eldelfin@turcios.com

Gus is the BEST!

We were there late January and loved our time with him.

See nearly 200 pics and a tour review here:

http://hon2u.shutterfly.com/

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello All!

We will be sailing on HAL Rotterdam and will be arriving at Puerto Quetzal on Tuesday, 10 April 2012. Has anyone got a group to go with Gus as yet? I have a party of two (my wife and I) and I'd be interested in joining a group that's already formed or could start a new one. I will be emailing Gus to ask about his bookings for that date.

From all the comments by all this sounds like an excursion not to be missed!:)

• 4 months later...

Yes Gus is alive and well! We recently completed a 15 day transit of the Panama Canal onboard the Coral Princess 4/24/12 thru 5/09/12 and used Go with Gus Tours.

We booked the Colonial Antigua tour through Gus' office in Georgia ($99/person) with quick responses to all emails. On arrival in Puerto Quetzal we met Gus and his charming wife Ira at their desk just inside the terminal. We had originally booked for seven pax but two of our group had to cancel their cruise at the last minute. Gus was kind enough to refund our deposit for those two people.

We were lucky enough to have Gus as our tour guide! The five of us were put in an nine passenger air conditioned van with a driver, given a bottle of water, and we left for Antigua. We stopped at several locations for delicious local fruit, for scenery shots, a textile mill and coffee plantation.

On our arrival in Antigua we took a walking tour (with a few stairs) of the cobblestone streets of this beautiful city. At 4,500 ft elevation, in the shadow of two volcanoes, it is much cooler and more comfortable than on the coast. We stopped at a local wine shop and did some tasting and visited with a nice university student who worked there.

Then Gus took us to a local Guatemalan restaurant for lunch which was several courses and delicious. Following lunch we walked a bit more and finished up at the Jade Museum which is the only place we encountered tourists from the ship sponsored tours. Then it was back in the van for the return trip to Puerto Quetzal. We arrived with plenty of time for shopping at the pier and a cerveza fria before sailing.

My travel companions and I agreed that this tour with Gus was the highlight ground tour of our trip (Zip Lining in Costa Rica coming in second). Gus explained how hard the tourist industry has worked to get the government to improve the infrastructure and security for visitors. Gus has played a key role in improving the tourist police force (at some personal risk) and they were visible along the highway to Antigua and in the city itself. No security issues for us, we felt comfortable everywhere we went.

Guatemala is a country with beautiful scenery and friendly people. It's in the early stages of becoming a tourist destination and we think that's a plus. Enjoy it and we say "GO With Gus".

Still hoping to hear from Gus... emailed on several addresses and through the website that is searchable via Cruise Critic! :) If anyone knows any ideas on how to get in touch with him that would be great!

Gus operates a hotel on the east coast of Guatemala in his home town of Livingston it's called the Posada El Delfin. It is a seven hour drive for Gus and his staff to come to the west coast to meet the cruise ships for tours.

They have a website www.posadaeldelfin.com also you can try these contacts:

Gustavo Turcios

gustavo@turcios.com

gustavo.turcios@gmail.com

(502) 5630 2609 Cel

(502) 7947 0976 Fax

Have a great cruise the Panama Canal is a wonderful experience!

• 3 months later...

my message from Gus at go with gus tours.

I have booked with him as of today.

Somehow on cruisecritic forums, people think that I am out of business due to problems with the internet here. If it is possible could you please answer one of the threads, letting them know that Go With Gus is still in business and give my other addresses... gustavoturcios@gowithgus.com and gustavo.turcios@gmail.com or my wife's iracema.turcios@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
We used Go with Gus last week for the tour of Rio Dulche. Gus was our guide and we had an incredible tour! Highly recommended. We booked in the terminal at the dock.

Can I ask how much the rio dulce trip was? Did Gus offer different excursions at the dock?

Can I ask how much the rio dulce trip was? Did Gus offer different excursions at the dock?

We were quoted just a little less than the website price. With a generous tip we paid $100 a person for a 6 1/2 hour trip that included snacks, water, and lunch with beer/wine/soda.

They did offer other trips, but we did not look at them. Just inside the terminal building, on the right side as you enter, there are booths for several tour operators. They were all very polite and not pushy. Go With Gus was very laid back; they waited until you came to them.

• 4 months later...

Archived