Half Moon Cay - Appreciation Thread

Rustynail

Wow what a piece of paradise! I've read so much about this gem of a island but until we visited could never really appreciate how beautiful it really was.

White powdered sand, crystal clear water, lush tropical greenary, the sweet sounds of birds singing and lovely sunshine.

We will return soon on one of the ships that visit this amazing place.

What was your favourite thing about HMC?

Dan

Grateful for our cabana!!! It really made our day super special and relaxing! You are right -- the sand was perfect and it seemed like you were floating in a pool. Beautiful!!! :)

Wish I was there right now... :rolleyes:

A visit to HMC is incomplete without a cabana.

Our Roll Call tried to book the Oasis but unfortunately it was already gone. I tried to book a cabana but also sold out. We ended up with a clamshell at HMC but did get a Retreat Cabana on the ship. Truthfully I'd book the same combo again as we really enjoyed the Retreat cabana for the entire week vs one day at HMC. The Clamshell worked out just fine.

Dan

Our Roll Call tried to book the Oasis but unfortunately it was already gone. I tried to book a cabana but also sold out. We ended up with a clamshell at HMC but did get a Retreat Cabana on the ship. Truthfully I'd book the same combo again as we really enjoyed the Retreat cabana for the entire week vs one day at HMC. The Clamshell worked out just fine.

Dan

We've been to HMC twice. 1st time with a clamshell and had an amazing time. The second time we were with a group that booked the Oasis. Truly paradise! If you can swing this it is the ultimate HMC experience.

Add to the beutiful white powdered sand, crystal blue water and natural beauty the ameneties of the snorkle and swim gear, the water slide, the 8 person hot tub, the large padded louges, hammock, private chef, waitresses and open bar with bartender! Truly incredible!

We've been to HMC twice. 1st time with a clamshell and had an amazing time. The second time we were with a group that booked the Oasis. Truly paradise! If you can swing this it is the ultimate HMC experience.

Add to the beutiful white powdered sand, crystal blue water and natural beauty the ameneties of the snorkle and swim gear, the water slide, the 8 person hot tub, the large padded louges, hammock, private chef, waitresses and open bar with bartender! Truly incredible!

Looking at this wonderful place for our next cruise, so just starting some research. What is a Clamshell? Also, what are you referring to in your last paragraph?

Looking at this wonderful place for our next cruise, so just starting some research. What is a Clamshell? Also, what are you referring to in your last paragraph?

A clamshell is a shelter that fits two lounge chairs and provides shade. They rent them for $15.00 (on HAL). It gives you some shade from the sun and a nice "base" on the beach.

My second paragraph describes the ammenities provided with the Oasis Cabana.

• 2 weeks later...

i think my favorite part was watching my dd and dw just playing in the white sand . we built my dd her own swimming pool (18 months old ) i just think that half moon cay made our whole cruise worth every penny we spent :D

Archived