Additional amount added to our final cost??

I was looking at our cruise dashboard today and saw that an additional $35.00 was added to are total amount due. I made the final payment back on Jan. 11th. Our cruise is in June. The catagory for the charge was listed under "optional items" "other options". Could anyone telll me what this could be for? Could it just be a mistake? I have not requested any "optional items".:mad::confused:

I was looking at our cruise dashboard today and saw that an additional $35.00 was added to are total amount due. I made the final payment back on Jan. 11th. Our cruise is in June. The catagory for the charge was listed under "optional items" "other options". Could anyone telll me what this could be for? Could it just be a mistake? I have not requested any "optional items".:mad::confused:

Call your TA if you booked through one, or RCI if you booked direct and ask that question. We can only speculate on these boards and nothing immediately comes to mind. In situations like this it is always best to go directly to the source if you want the correct and complete answer.:)

My plan was to call them in the morning, I just thought someone on here might know what the charge was for.

Well, we could all guess,but may or may not be the right answer.....

Paper documents.

You are correct. Forget about this latest and less than thrilling change being made not only by RCI but also the other major cruiselines, who have shifted the burden of printing out cruise documents to passengers or their travel agents.:(

Just checked....................its all marked edocs.think I would have a cow if I was charged $35 for something I really didnt need......

yep, Rccl goes green and cost the TA's a ton more in paper!!:rolleyes::D

If you want to get a book in the mail, ask for the cruise brochure....it's got the same info as the docs, PLUS the deck plans, and they don't charge you for it!

HUH?????? How can you compare cruise docs with YOUR name and your specific cruise info(cabin,dining time,etc) to the brochure??????:eek::eek:

HUH?????? How can you compare cruise docs with YOUR name and your specific cruise info(cabin,dining time,etc) to the brochure??????:eek::eek:

It if is any consolation they have upgraded the E-docs and there is now a nice picture of a ship on the front with the passenger names, sailing date, etc and they are designed nicely instead of the plain stuff when they first came out.

We just received our booklet. Just checked our reservations and were not charged anything. Our booking was made last April, so don't know if that makes a difference.

Yes, you were grandfathered in because you booked last year. We have three upcoming cruises, 2 in April and 1 in September and since one was booked last year and the other two in 2008 we will also be receiving paper docs.

It if is any consolation they have upgraded the E-docs and there is now a nice picture of a ship on the front with the passenger names, sailing date, etc and they are designed nicely instead of the plain stuff when they first came out.

Be still my Heart!!:D

I chose paper documents. When I look at my reservation on the website it says my documents have been mailed, but I haven't been charged anything extra. Of course, I haven't received my documents yet either. :(

maybe they will arrive by Chippendale Couriers and the $35 will appear as a mandatory gratuity?

Just checked....................its all marked edocs.think I would have a cow if I was charged $35 for something I really didnt need......

Sure agree there...Because our booking was a while back I recieved paper documents...surprised me...the luggage tags are nice, the rest is a nice souvenir I guess. I would not blow $35 on paper docs...that is nearly 2 Portofinos cover charges...

Archived