Question about the Three Rivers Tour-Talkeetna to McKinley Lodge

LoveCruisin72

I'm hoping that someone here has done this tour and can answer my question. We will be arriving in Talkeetna on May 20 at around 11:05 am. We are planning on taking the Three Rivers Tour from Talkeetna to the McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge. Our tour begins at 3:15 pm. We had thought we would just hang out in Talkeetna until our tour. My question is this: What happens to our luggage when we arrive in Talkeetna? Can it be checked through to the lodge so that we don't have to haul it around?

Also, if anyone has any comments on this tour, we would love to hear them.

Deb

I'm hoping that someone here has done this tour and can answer my question. We will be arriving in Talkeetna on May 20 at around 11:05 am. We are planning on taking the Three Rivers Tour from Talkeetna to the McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge. Our tour begins at 3:15 pm. We had thought we would just hang out in Talkeetna until our tour. My question is this: What happens to our luggage when we arrive in Talkeetna? Can it be checked through to the lodge so that we don't have to haul it around?

Also' date=' if anyone has any comments on this tour, we would love to hear them.

Deb[/quote']

i am sure your bags including the carryo ne will go ot the lodge.. but i did love the town. .small old buildigns- rustic but fun talking to the locals.. also some great places to eat in town.

i think the flaot trip would be fun.. as long as no rain.. otherwise cold and damp.

Thanks to you both for your responses.

BudgetQueen, we are using this float trip primarily as an alternative means of transportation from Talkeetna to the McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge. We thought it would be more enjoyable than going by bus and a bit more relaxing. It will also give us time to just wander around Talkeetna while we wait for our tour time. That is why we were concerned about our luggage. We have many other excursions planned while we are in Alaska.

Deb

the day i was here it rained but i had less in town than at the hotel. i even when in the market.. i found people here so friendly. i had lunch near the train station-you could do lunch there or anywhere in town. also you will walk by a post office- great place to mail local cards.

You main bag gets trucked to the lodge. It'll appear in your room. The driver will give you a tag if you want to check your carryon bag to the lodge.

Different people have different vacation budgets. People on a budget can probably find a better use of $120. Flightseeing starts at around $200. I wouldn't take the boat at the expense (time or budget) of flightseeing. You can get off the bus at Talkeetna. Sightsee. Flightsee. Take a later bus back to the lodge. You get one "free" bus transfer from Talkeetna to the lodge the day you arrive and one "free" bus transfer from the lodge to Talkeetna the day you leave. You can take a later bus to the lodge and an earlier bus to Talkeetna the day you leave. Obviously this applies to train passengers and not to passengers taking motor coach. More breakfast options in Talkeetna then at the lodge.

Archived