Babies and young children attending the production shows

Crystalbast

On my last cruise on the Splendor I saw a lady leaving a production show with a young baby (didn't even look 4 months old). The music had been really loud and it dawned on me that the loud music probably wasn't very good for the baby.

I am curious as to what parents think about how old children should be to attend the musical production shows in order to not suffer any health problems from the noise. I remember the New Orleans Saints QB walking around with his son wearing noise protecting earphones after the Super Bowl.

Babies have to be at least 6 months old to travel Carnival.

On a RCL cruise we sat next to a family, the youngest boy was a mature 3 and he and his brother started coming down early and sitting with us and their parents came just before the show started.

The 3 year old fell asleep during the show pretty much every night. I didnt see any harm.

since you have to be 6 mo. to cruise, it's FINE to bring babies...they are totally fasinated by the colors and music! If they get cantankerous, take them out (please!).

Children are WELCOME at the shows, unless they are designated "adult" shows.

since you have to be 6 mo. to cruise, it's FINE to bring babies...they are totally fasinated by the colors and music! If they get cantankerous, take them out (please!).

Children are WELCOME at the shows, unless they are designated "adult" shows.

I never said that babies and children are not welcome to attend the production shows. I just made the observation that the volume of the music can be so loud that it could be harmful to the hearing of young babies. :rolleyes:

If loud music/noise was not harmful to young children then why was the young son of the Saints QB wearing protective covering on his ears at the SuperBowl? :rolleyes:

On my last cruise on the Splendor I saw a lady leaving a production show with a young baby (didn't even look 4 months old). The music had been really loud and it dawned on me that the loud music probably wasn't very good for the baby.

I am curious as to what parents think about how old children should be to attend the musical production shows in order to not suffer any health problems from the noise. I remember the New Orleans Saints QB walking around with his son wearing noise protecting earphones after the Super Bowl.

Actually the volume of the noise from the show is no more damaging to a child than to an adult. The noise would not harm a child, but small children tend not to like loud noises and it could scare them.

If you concern yourself with what other passengers will do on their cruise.

It's obvious your not having a grand time on yours .:eek:

I never said that babies and children are not welcome to attend the production shows. I just made the observation that the volume of the music can be so loud that it could be harmful to the hearing of young babies. :rolleyes:

If loud music/noise was not harmful to young children then why was the young son of the Saints QB wearing protective covering on his ears at the SuperBowl? :rolleyes:

There is a bit of a different between noise from a show and tens of thousands of screaming fans....

I really doubt that the "noise" from a cruise line production show was anywhere near as loud as the noise in a sports stadium!

What would you expect a parent to do...stay in their cabin, or leave the baby in the cabin unattended?

If the noise was too loud for you, you could have moved to a seat that was perhaps not near a speaker, or left the scene. I suspect the parents would have done the same.

I have no problem with babies, but I do have a problem with parents who do not leave the dining room when a kid decides to throw a fit.

Not on a cruise, but I recall a restaurant where a large family was seated at a long table. There were several very young children in the group, spread out over several couples. Two or three of them pitched a fit and the parents just sat there. That is so rude... you should remove a child from the dining room until it calms down, and not subject everyone else there to the screaming.

That's exactly what I thought when I read this.

How does this affect her. Another MYOB, as Ann or Abbey used to say. Wait for the government to take that over.

OP, I don't think the noise from the show would physically harm a child anymore than it would an adult.

And after reading some of the replies to a simple question, now I see how so many posts on this board get out of hand. :eek:

Are you this concerned with how everyone is caring for their children? I don't really understand why you are concerned with the baby at the show. What will you do about it? Speak to the parent? Voice your concern? Report them to Child Protective Service?

I say just watch the show and enjoy it.....forget about who else is there.:rolleyes:

OP, I don't think the noise from the show would physically harm a child anymore than it would an adult.

And after reading some of the replies to a simple question, now I see how so many posts on this board get out of hand. :eek:

I agree...they get out of hand because many OP's start thread such as these...in order to start a fire.

When we get to a show a half hour early not much to do but look around and talk. Or we could play bingo but we do not care for the odds.

What is the big deal about being observant?

Ok, the noise is not going to hurt anyone. I'm an audiologist and the noise at the sporting event or theatre is not going to do any damage. Startle them yes, but not hurt them. We have a six and three year old and will be at least trying them at the shows.

I've never noticed the production shows being that loud, certainly not as loud as the super bowl. If a baby is disturbed by the noise, parents are going to know it. As for Drew Bree's, we don't really know if he was exactly protecting his childs hearing or just knows his baby doesn't like loud noises and was protecting him from being alarmed by all of the yelling.

Maybe the baby had been a preemie.

My thoughts as well. My niece, who was an extreme preemie (1 pound, 3 ounces at birth) was tiny, tiny, tiny at 6 months. She was just going into newborn clothes at that point. That said, all the more reason to be cautious. But I've never been to a production show that gave me the least twinge of tinitus. I can't imagine it would be loud enough to damage a kid's hearing, unless they were sitting *in* the orchestra pit.

OP, sorry you got so flamed...I did not think you were worrying over other people's children, but simply saw it as a discussion topic. Our 4 children are older10-14 and the youngest girls joined us for the shows last cruise. One of them is a dancer herself and loved the shows. Our show was not too loud and we sat in the front. Can't wait to watch a few more shows this trip with the girls.

OK I have learned my lesson. If I ever see anybody being injured, hurt or in harms way I will just walk the other way and let nature takes it course.

Darwin's survival of the fittest I guess. :rolleyes:::p:D

Did you actually read the responses? The child likely was not being harmed. or hurt. or injured. While it may have seemed "too loud" to you, it likely wasn't.

Truth is, if it WAS hurting the baby, don't you think it would have been crying??

Archived