Babies and young children attending the production shows

Crystalbast

Wow... Tough Crowd! It appears to me that the OP just wanted to discuss, not pass judgement or argue; but rater hear other's opinions. My kids have always enjoyed the cruise shows and have been cruising since 18 mo. old. I do however agree that if your child is fussing, please take them out and return when they have stopped.

If loud music/noise was not harmful to young children then why was the young son of the Saints QB wearing protective covering on his ears at the SuperBowl? :rolleyes:

Have you heard the language that can go on there? It was to protect the sensibilities, not the ears.

Actually I think in hindsight that the parents were too cheap to pay the $6/hour baby sitting rate in order to put the child to bed at a reasonable hour.

But I am serious about taking a stance from here on out of looking the other way no matter I come across. I'll let people be responsible for their own actions and parents for their children. It seems like it is just easier to tune out what is going on around you.

There is no way that the baby I saw was 6 months or older.

Again, Carnival would not allow the baby onboard if it wasnt at least 6 months old. Do you think they dont look at the birth certificate and can figure it out correctly?? They baby would not have been allowed to board if it was younger.

12 months on TAs I belive, 6 months is the least old they can be to cruise on a Carnival ship.

Actually I think in hindsight that the parents were too cheap to pay the $6/hour baby sitting rate in order to put the child to bed at a reasonable hour.

But I am serious about taking a stance from here on out of looking the other way no matter I come across. I'll let people be responsible for their own actions and parents for their children. It seems like it is just easier to tune out what is going on around you.

And you are going to do this because of some responses you got on an anonymous board? Not very deeply held convictions I guess. In this case there was no danger. You asked, and people said. Some people (including some who posted) believe you should never intervene. I say bull. I believe you should and in fact are morally obligated to, but you need to do so very carefully and be very sure of your grounds.

didn't i hear something about ccl confiscating babies in miami anyway? Shouldn't be too much of a problem then.

anyway C'MON people!!! You've never said or thought "oh his parents should put sunblock on that little boy" or in the winter a little baby's hands look cold and he doesn't have mittens.

It's called observation we all do it.

seems to me that a child's hearing would be more sensitive, if you know anything about the way hearing works, the mechanisms that do the "hearing" deteriorate over time and become less sensitive over time. So, while it may not seem to outwardly cause any damage, i'm sure we're all aware of the damage that can occur, even at seemingly low volumes.

i work in construction, and for a few years didn't wear proper hearing protection, and so my ears are pretty sensitive now. I wear earplugs just about all the time at work now.

AAAAANNNNDDD!!! i know there's plenty of you old farts around here that can't hear for ****( what??? speak up sonny) so don't be too quick to judge somone who had a simple question about a young childs hearing.

seems to me that a child's hearing would be more sensitive, if you anything about the way hearing works, the mechanisms that do the "hearing" deteriorate over time and become less sensitive over time. So, while it may not seem to outwardly cause any damage, i'm sure we're all aware of the damage that can occur, even at seemingly low volumes.

i work in construction, and for a few years didn't wear proper hearing protection, and so my ears are pretty sensitive now. I wear earplugs just about all the time at work now.

AAAAANNNNDDD!!! i know there's plenty of you old farts around here that can't hear for ****( what??? speak up sonny) so don't be too quick to judge somone who had a simple question about a young childs hearing.

An audiologist answered above and her/his professional response was that it would not damage a child's ears any more than an adults.

I never said that intervened in the instance I noted on the Splendor. I was only making a general comment based upon an observation. People took it way beyond the context of the original comment.

Having read a lot of highly negative posts on this board I am at the point where I would prefer to withdraw from involvement with what happens to other people around me. As I said, let adults be responsible of their own actions and parents for what happens to their children. If something happens to someone it becomes a matter of cleaning up the gene pool. There is just no benefit to becoming involved in any situation.

I have more of a moral conviction to help animals and would never hesitate to aid an animal being abused.

^^ well said, that's kind of what i was trying to get at. So as it stands it doesn't cause any more damage in a baby than it does an adult, so turn it up!!!

What?:p

I know a lot of times when i go to the movies it's too loud. I guess i'm too old :(

so what you're saying is by that logic damage still occurs then.

I dunno, still say the kid might not like it anyway...

No, the logic does not say that. It does say that both the child and the parents are equally at risk for damage. It is not possible to infer from there is damage occurring. The kid may indeed not like it. In which case he/she will let the parents know. The baby will most likely be swaddled in blankets and sleep through the entire thing. My son spent his early months being exposed to outboard motors, big ones, and now 16 years later still has brilliant hearing. (Unless he is being asked to do something he doesn't want to do but that is another issue:D)

Archived