Woo Hoo-we're booked a feq questions pls

CanadaDeb

Hi All,

We're booked ( woo hoo!!! ) for Southern Caribbean with Princess.

Questions please:

1. Can I book spa appointments before we sail, and if so, will the price differ is we're in port or sailing? ( On my booking it says Sanctuary optional-that's why I'm wondering ).

2. Any idea for much a 1 hour massage and hair style would cost? Princess said they didn't have the price list. Does booking a spa appoint. give me access to the Sanctuary for the afternoon or morning?

3. We are docking at 6am but I've read disembarking can take several hours. Would an early afternoon flight be risky?

I have to say that I absolutely love this forum. People are so friendly and welcoming...it's not always like that and I really appreciate all of you and your cruise wisdom!!!!!

Usually any flight around noon will be fine, depending how far your port is from the airport! You'll be off the ship well before 10am...in most cases, MUCH earlier!

Can't help with the spa and hair stuff...not something I'd do on a ship! But, they usually have "port day" specials...otherwise, the price you pay will be the same in advance or on the ship.

Hi All,

We're booked ( woo hoo!!! ) for Southern Caribbean with Princess.

Questions please:

1. Can I book spa appointments before we sail, and if so, will the price differ is we're in port or sailing? ( On my booking it says Sanctuary optional-that's why I'm wondering ).

Yes you can.. but they do not have the list for port day specials.. that will only be on ship to be able to get.

2. Any idea for much a 1 hour massage and hair style would cost? Princess said they didn't have the price list. Does booking a spa appoint. give me access to the Sanctuary for the afternoon or morning?

This I don't know. I have not used the hairstyle, did the massage once, but it was on my first cruise and I don't remember the price.

3. We are docking at 6am but I've read disembarking can take several hours. Would an early afternoon flight be risky?

I have only driven in so far. We had an emergency with someone on our ship and put us in about 15 minutes late.. He made up about 6 hours of time during that evening and night. I would not book too awful early, it can take 2-3 hours or as few as 1. We go have breakfast.. and by the time that was over it was almost our turn. Also take into consideration how far you are from the airport, and go from there.

I have to say that I absolutely love this forum. People are so friendly and welcoming...it's not always like that and I really appreciate all of you and your cruise wisdom!!!!!

I hope you have a great time..

You can book spa appointments ahead of time.

If you want, they have some great money saving specials if you do spa appointments on port days.

A massage can run about $150 and beauty shop hair dos can go anywhere from $35 to $55 depending on your type and length of hair.

Any flight noon or later will be fine.

I wouldn't book a flight before 2pm. The ship's arrival could be delayed. Not likely, but it can happen. Or USA immigration can delay departing (it has happened). Lines to clear USA customs can be long (getting a porter is usually the fastest way). Then there is getting a cab or other transportation to the airport.

Is it an option to stay the night and fly home the next day? That way you could enjoy another night in your departure port (is it Puerto Rico?) and not worry if the ship is delayed. Please tell me you are flying in at least the day before the cruise and not the day of the cruise.

Archived