Zipline and Dunn's River Falls

Debbierpof

Debbie,

It looks like you might be in Ocho the same day we are (the 21st). You may want to contact Phil Lafayette, as we are doing DRF and MM with him on the 21st. I understand he has a very comfortable van/bus thing that seats about 15.

We are a fun and friendly family of 7 (my fiance, her parents and our kids) and we would be delighted to have you join us!

Find Phil on the web or send me a private message here on CC and I'll get you his contact info. Search Tripadvisor or here on CC to read the rave reviews for Phil and his daughter.

Cheers!

Mark and Amy and her parents and our kids. :)

That sounds great! I'd have to talk to my SIL & BIL. My MIL & FIL just want to see DRF but not go up the falls. :confused: And I know they probably would have no interest in going up to Mystic Mountain (although I will ask). What's funny is that last night I sent Phil and Mark Morris an e-mail asking if they would offer this tour because another 2 couples on our roll call where interested in the same. We have a very, very small roll call. :(

May I ask, how much are they charging per person? By the way, saw the Liberty of the Seas in port once and she looks beautiful! Thanks!!! :)

I have a confirmation letter from Phil but I don't recall the exact price. Actually, for us, it is not a concern. As you have probably figured out by now Phil is one of several tour guides in Ocho that gets nothing but favorable reviews. After much research on my part and a couple of emails and phone conversations with Phil the decision was made and we are very happy to be touring with him (or his daughter, who also gets very nice reviews on CC and TA). Mark Mason, Peat Taylor, and Marva are a few of the other Ocho guides who get stellar reviews all around. I'm sure there are even more, those are just the ones that I checked into.

It sounds like your group might be similar to ours. Amy and I are 38 and 48 and our kids are two boys, 10 and 16, and one girl, 13 (and her parents will be along as well). The parents have cruised before, but for everyone else this is our first. We are very excited to be on Liberty - a nice introduction to the cruise world, eh? Your boat and itinerary look awesome as well. Two weeks! Wow!

Cheers,

Mark

It sounds like your group might be similar to ours. Amy and I are 38 and 48 and our kids are two boys, 10 and 16, and one girl, 13 (and her parents will be along as well). The parents have cruised before, but for everyone else this is our first. We are very excited to be on Liberty - a nice introduction to the cruise world, eh? Your boat and itinerary look awesome as well. Two weeks! Wow!

Cheers,

Mark

Sure looks like we have fairly similar groups (sans kids in our case). I'm 41, DH is 36 and my BIL & SIL are 35. We love cruising! I just wish you were right and we were doing the 2 week cruise (which Princess offers). But we're on for just a week -- have two great kids (5 & 8) to come home to! Can't wait!!! First time on Princess!!

I have another 2 or 3 couples on our roll call thread that are interested in the same tour. They've asked for the cost (they are comparing the ship's shore excursions). I think Ocho Rios is going to be a great port!

I have another 2 or 3 couples on our roll call thread that are interested in the same tour. They've asked for the cost (they are comparing the ship's shore excursions). I think Ocho Rios is going to be a great port!

Debbie,

If you search the Jamaica forum here on CC you will find a lot of people discussing Mystic Mountain. It looks like the fee will be about $100 per person if you want to do all of the activities (zip, "bobsled" and chairlift).

I think there is a small fee to enter the DRF ($10) and if you use a "guide" a tip will be expected, but it looks to me like the guide is optional. Also there are steps with entrances into the falls along side the falls for those a little less adventurous or with physical challenges.

I've got an email out to Phil to see what he is going to charge us for the day. We will be relying on him to get us to and from DRF and MM, and then we want him to show us a few sites and take us to a good place for a beer and some quality local chow. I'm hoping we can get DRF and MM mountain done without too much "hanging around". I would much rather have Phil or his daughter take us to a local joint for lunch than eat at MM (although I hear it is decent food, but a little pricey).

Seems like we had the same thing in mind for Ocho Rios. Mystic Mountain would be great for the activities but I'm all about eating somewhere local -- gotta have jerk and patties! Not a shopper, either, so I don't need endless time looking at buying "stuff". It does seem like everything is rather close in Ocho Rios, which makes for a full day! :D

Archived