Your special Silversea experiences

LauraBK

Hi,

I'm new to this board, new to cruising and new to Silversea - I just love reading the great experiences and special moments that people have had on board - and I'm hoping people will be just as excited to share fun, special, memorable moments as I am reading them.

Share away....:)

ps. I've never sailed on Silversea, my first cruise is next year on Silver Whisper and I am thrilled, excited, anxious.....

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm new to this board, new to cruising and new to Silversea - I just love reading the great experiences and special moments that people have had on board - and I'm hoping people will be just as excited to share fun, special, memorable moments as I am reading them.

Share away....:)

ps. I've never sailed on Silversea, my first cruise is next year on Silver Whisper and I am thrilled, excited, anxious.....

Thanks!

Laura:

We know that you will enjoy your cruise with SS.

We just disembarked a week ago and are still in the afterglow of a wonderful (with of course exception, nothing in the cruising world is perfect,) 4 weeks with great crew, fellow passengers and wonderful cuisine. It doesn't get much better than that!!

Best experiences were with the enhancement lecturers who were very available to dine with and enlarge upon their life experiences. They were the best dinner companions yet on any of our many, many cruises. The fellow passengers were both very friendly and interesting with many wonderful experiences to share. The crew was EXCEPTIONAL, not a frown or a NO in their demeanor. The food was of very good quality and beautifully presented, we especially enjoyed the pool deck dinner offerings.

Now, you go ahead and enjoy the anticipation - it is half the fun!!!

When we were on the Shadow last Dec., I went to the Pool Deck around 9AM. Naturally everything was set up for me. Joey noticed that I kept rubbing my left shoulder. He sent one of the waiters over to ask what was wrong. I told them I worked out a little too hard with weights that AM and was a tad sore. Within seconds, I was given a plastic bag filled with ice wrapped in a towel to put on my shoulder. That was very sweet and it did the trick. Talk about service above and beyond. Only on SS!:)

Hi,

When and where are you going next year. We're looking at going on the Silver Whisper in Dec. to South America.

Kayla

We are going June 17th on the Norwegian Fjord/Arctic Circle cruise (4118)

I can't wait, I'm trying to learn everything I can about cruising and what to expect.

We are going June 17th on the Norwegian Fjord/Arctic Circle cruise (4118). I can't wait, I'm trying to learn everything I can about cruising and what to expect.

Hi, Laura! Your planned June 17-July 2, 2011, Norway Coast, fjords and Arctic Circle cruise has the exact same schedule of stops, times, etc., as we will have on our July 1-16, 2010, cruise on the Silver Cloud. You will be on the Silver Whisper, a little larger 382-passenger ship versus ours with 292 passengers. I've got lots and lots of detailed information for each of these port stops on both cruises. There will be added postings on this July 1-16 cruise. It would be good to follow those various items in the coming months. If you give me an e-mail, I can send you the comprehensive specifics I have for each of the port stops, if that's of interest. I hope to do regular postings as we do this cruise. There are several others who have been active on these boards who will be along for this cruise. You should be able to get lots of info and have many ways to get your questions answered.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Hi, Laura! Your planned June 17-July 2, 2011, Norway Coast, fjords and Arctic Circle cruise has the exact same schedule of stops, times, etc., as we will have on our July 1-16, 2010, cruise on the Silver Cloud. You will be on the Silver Whisper, a little larger 382-passenger ship versus ours with 292 passengers. I've got lots and lots of detailed information for each of these port stops on both cruises. There will be added postings on this July 1-16 cruise. It would be good to follow those various items in the coming months. If you give me an e-mail, I can send you the comprehensive specifics I have for each of the port stops, if that's of interest. I hope to do regular postings as we do this cruise. There are several others who have been active on these boards who will be along for this cruise. You should be able to get lots of info and have many ways to get your questions answered.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Hi Terry!!!

I have been hoping to talk to you!! I've seen many of your posts and BEAUTIFUL pictures!! I would love if you would share the information that you have on the ports! My email address is krummlau@yahoo.com - thank you!!

I have been reading anything I can find on these boards about Norway and Silversea and it has been so helpful. My husband just got some new lenses for his digital SLR, so if you have any tips on picture taking that would be wonderful (I assume by your pictures that you are not an amateur :))

I will definitely be following the posts :) - thanks again!

The best experiences is when the staff anticipates your request, such as having one's cocktail ready in the bar. There have been so many efforts on the part of staff--we re-boarded the Spirit after a 6 week hiatus, and the staff had m blue cheese olives ready as they had seen we were boarding that day. The word "no" almost doesn't exist on board. The best experience was one cruise in Egypt in which we were enjoying life onboard, and we said to ourselves "It will be a step down to go to the Four Seasons after this." Now THAT'S a compliment to SS.

Hi Terry,

I too would love to have the information on the ports for the Norway. We will be going in June but on another line. There are many ports we're doing in common.

As you know, I too am a huge fan of your wonderful photography. ( I just bought Polar Obsession by Paul Nicklen, National Geographic photographer. You would enjoy this book, I'm sure).

Could you send the info to fredon6892@aol.com

Thanks so much!

Carolyn

Hi Terry, I too would love to have the information on the ports for the Norway. We will be going in June but on another line. There are many ports we're doing in common.

As you know, I too am a huge fan of your wonderful photography. (I just bought Polar Obsession by Paul Nicklen, National Geographic photographer. You would enjoy this book, I'm sure). Carolyn

Hi Terry!!! I have been hoping to talk to you!! I've seen many of your posts and BEAUTIFUL pictures!! I would love if you would share the information that you have on the ports! thank you!!

I have been reading anything I can find on these boards about Norway and Silversea and it has been so helpful. My husband just got some new lenses for his digital SLR, so if you have any tips on picture taking that would be wonderful (I assume by your pictures that you are not an amateur.

I will definitely be following the posts - thanks again!

THANKS to both Carolyn and Laura for the nice comments on my photos! Much appreciated!!! I have sent the detailed info to both of you on our port stops along the Norway Coast as we prepare for our July 1-16, 2010, Silver Cloud cruise along the Norway Coast. So as to not highjack this thread on a different subject, I have posted a new listing on this Silversea board for my photo tips and suggestions. Maybe others will share other reactions and ideas. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

The best experiences is when the staff anticipates your request, such as having one's cocktail ready in the bar. There have been so many efforts on the part of staff--we re-boarded the Spirit after a 6 week hiatus, and the staff had m blue cheese olives ready as they had seen we were boarding that day. The word "no" almost doesn't exist on board. The best experience was one cruise in Egypt in which we were enjoying life onboard, and we said to ourselves "It will be a step down to go to the Four Seasons after this." Now THAT'S a compliment to SS.

THANKS for this great report on the service levels with Silversea! We have only done two previous cruises. We did Seabourn in June 2006 for the Greek Isles and Turkish Coast and Crystal in late July 2008 for the Baltics and Russia. It will be a good comparison to see how our experiences with Silversea match to the other two top lines. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

On a recent cruise on the Silver Whisper--our delightful cabin stewdess was wondering why we were hanging around the suite on morning rather than being out on deck as we normally were......when we told her that we were waiting for some clothes to come out of the dryer--she told us that we were on vacation... that she would get the clothes out of the dryer when they were done and she would fold them and put them away for us. That is the kind of service that sets Silversea apart!

One late afternoon, he was sitting in a corner of the Panorama Lounge reading a book wearing shorts and a tee shirt. Some time after 6 pm, one of the bar stewards came over and said very politely and quietly "Sir, may I remind you that tonight's dress is informal". What a nice way to handle the matter. This is typical of the classy way that SS handles what could be awkward situations. We still use that line at home!

.Welcome to the Silversea family.The staff on all the fleet are the best at sea.We started cruising with Silversea in 1999.We sailed on the Wind from Bali to Sydney.We did not realise this was the 5th aniversary cruise for Silversea. The two ships in the fleet the Cloud and the Wind sailed into Sydney together to a fantastic welcome.Every embarking and disembarking passenger were taken to a complementary performance of Madame Butterfly at the Sydney Opera House followed by a sumptious after show buffet on board the ship.In addition it was the final of the Cricket one day international at the SCG between the old rivals Austrailia and England. Four days prior to arriving in Sydney the Tour desk on board obtained four tickets for us to attend. The only downside was leaving the cricket prior to the end to change into Dj for the Opera House. We have loved Silversea and the staff ever since.Hope you enjoy your Silversea experience.

Wow!! Now that is classy!! What a fabulous memory as well. Although our cruise isn't until Dec.,I am reading everything I can get my hands on about Silversea. Is it true that every stateroom(we are in a verandah suite)has a butler to attend to them? Is the butler just a glorified attendant or are they there to do something else above and beyond? And if I like him,do I get to take him home:D:D Also, specialty coffees are my big treat of the day....I assume that is one of the amenities included as well?

Thanks to anyone who can offer answers....I promise to continue my reading so my dumb questions will be kept to a minimum! Shelly:)

Wow what a great story! I love hearing things like that. I have to say, that it has been hard for me to find anything bad about Silversea. Many of the other lines boards have lots of negatives - about crowds, "chair hogging", getting nickel and dimed to death etc. I'm glad for my first cruise I won't have to deal with that :)

I considered switching our cruise to Cunard QM2 - because I was concerned about ho much motion I would feel on a smaller ship. But after reading all of the great moments and wonderful service on Silversea I can't bring myself to do it :)

Thanks everyone!

Wow what a great story! I love hearing things like that. I have to say, that it has been hard for me to find anything bad about Silversea. Many of the other lines boards have lots of negatives - about crowds, "chair hogging", getting nickel and dimed to death etc. I'm glad for my first cruise I won't have to deal with that :)

I considered switching our cruise to Cunard QM2 - because I was concerned about ho much motion I would feel on a smaller ship. But after reading all of the great moments and wonderful service on Silversea I can't bring myself to do it :) Thanks everyone!

Hi LauraBK

Once u have tried luxury cruising, u will never go back. It spoils u forever. Not all cruises r perfect and things can go wrong but by and large, u will have an amazing experience. I am almost jumping out of my skin to get on the Silver Spirit in October.:)

Cheers

Jennifer

Archived