Cruise Critic Community
go-anna

Pre-existing add-on refused

What do you do when the additional premium for a pre-existing cardiovascular condition is refused? Do you keep looking via another company or run the risk? We do have the standard cover for both of us. I understand that once you've been refused pre-existing cover, it is near impossible to secure another insurer (that's the case in Australia).

Thanks in advance.

What do you do when the additional premium for a pre-existing cardiovascular condition is refused? Do you keep looking via another company or run the risk? We do have the standard cover for both of us. I understand that once you've been refused pre-existing cover, it is near impossible to secure another insurer (that's the case in Australia).

Thanks in advance.

It's way different in Australia than the US and Canada. Over here you don't have to pre-qualify and give up your whole medical history. I'd look for a plan that's US style and available to residents of any country. One option are the plans from iTravelInsured. You can find them at the comparison site http://www.squaremouth.com

Thanks for the link, cruisco. We certainly have to jump through some loops over here. Much obliged.

Anna