Children on Board

firsttimers08

It's been my experience that every cruise I've been on has had some children. Home-schooled, or year-round school, or pre-school, or "Johnny can make up the work when we get home" means that some kids can travel regardless of the time of year.

It's been my experience that every cruise I've been on has had some children. Home-schooled, or year-round school, or pre-school, or "Johnny can make up the work when we get home" means that some kids can travel regardless of the time of year.

Yes we always scheduale cruises with our brood in tow during non vacation time just to P.O. all those people who forget they were kids once and now in their "elder" years can't stand to be around "those brats". It is a conspiricy by parents you know.;)

There will be fewer, but there are almost always kids on a cruise. As mentioned, different schols around the world have different schedules. Some children are home schooled. Parents take kids out of school for a cruise.

As a general rule, the longer, more expensive, and/or further from the US a cruise is, the fewer kids on board.

There will always be some children on board, no matter what time of year you cruise. I can assure you that most children on board are extremely well-behaved, and there are many activities on board to keep them occupied. To find unruly or disruptive kids on board is NOT the norm.

You will generally find more kids on board Carnival, NCL and RCCL than on Princess, HAL or Celebrity. And keep in mind that you will be cruising with travelers from all over the world - not just the US - whose school systems have completely different schedules than those of American schools.

Perhaps you should choose a cruise line that has an "adult only" pool are, or that has a slightly older clientele.

Itinerary is also a concern. Families tend toward the warmer, beach-area climes, though we have seen lots of kids on our Alaska cruises, and they were having a ball.

Relax and enjoy your cruise. Remember - you were a child once and probably would have loved the chance to take a cruise with your family. The kids certainly have a right to cruise with their families and enjoy the wonderful experience of life at sea. I only wish that we were able to afford to do so with our children when they were young. :D

Chose one of the luxury lines – Seaborne, Silver Sea & Sea Dream and you won’t find many kids aboard. Where the fare for a 3rd person (18 months old) on a 10 day cruise can be over $3,000 there aren’t too many kids and if there are they are traveling with the nannies and kept out of sight.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCCL - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ‘09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ’07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Crystal – Serenity ‘09

As long as YOU don't have to deal with them, you probably won't notice kids...they are kept busy.

We've never been bothered by other folks children...if I see them, I ignore them...they are NOT my responsibility....and they aren't yours, either.

It's a total non-issue when you're cruising childless!

Yes we always scheduale cruises with our brood in tow during non vacation time just to P.O. all those people who forget they were kids once and now in their "elder" years can't stand to be around "those brats". It is a conspiricy by parents you know.;)

Really? This is the only reason you cruise? How sad! Definitely a "scheduale conspiricy"!! Hate to say it, but "elder" years await you!

Archived