Buy or rent/borrow sand toys

lesponline

We are going on the Liberty of the Seas with young kids and I was wondering if there were any beach spots where we could borrow/rent sand toys at Orient Bay or Labadee. I don't really want to pack them but I don't want to pay 5 times what they are worth either.

Thanks.

Pack them...you can stuff things into them...they don't weigh much and won't take up any room, if you stuff them full of clothes, underwear, socks, etc.....

There are no "toys" in any of those beaches.

And remember, a paper cup and a shell will "act" as beach toys to most kids! If you let kids use their imaginations, they'll have just as much fun, and you won't need to buy or pack anything!

We usually go to the dollar store and buy some beach toys for our DD. Last year, when we were leaving the beach at the last stop we gave one of the local kids the toys to play with. He was very excited to be getting the toys.

We usually go to the dollar store and buy some beach toys for our DD. Last year, when we were leaving the beach at the last stop we gave one of the local kids the toys to play with. He was very excited to be getting the toys.

What a neat idea!

I packed a 5 gallon pail with a good handle and various plastic containers I had collected - ie. ice cream, yogurt etc. and some dollar store shovels. We left it all there when we left. The big pail was great to carry everything and manageable for one of the kids to carry.

Definitely buy them before hand. Much cheaper. We got a small set for DD for our last cruise for her to play. Cost us $4 at home. Needless to say, most of the toys never made it back from the cruise as they were cheap and basically disposable. Took up some space in the luggage, but as other have suggested, you can pack other stuff in the buckets and such.

walmart cups are a good idea! Plus, they'd be handy to have in the room instead of using the actual glass cups! Ooh, I have some cheap party-type plastic small cups that I can bring. Got them at walmart after valentine's day. GREAT idea ya'll!

Archived