Would you find 7 days in a row at sea too much?

suse

I loves me some sea days *LOL*

I am a very happy person just being able to wander around the ship, I take my daily schedule with me , and anything that strikes my fancy , I go to the appropriate area and check it out.

With an occasional pit stop for a bite to eat or a beverage.

My wife , not so much. 1 or 2 are plenty and then she wants to get off someplace and shop and sight see.

Reference the Suez Canal. We went through it on Oceania's Nautica, Nov 06, on a cruise from Istanbul to Singapore.

Really not a lot to see through the Suez, other than desert, and some left-over relics from various wars. Certainly not scenic like the Kiel or Panama Canals, but it certainly is a shortcut in that part of the world.

Michael, well we have been to Antarctica, Arctic, and Galapagos. Looking for some other places that we can only go to by ship. I guess pre-cruise Dubai would be interesting.

I guess I'll find out, we'll leave on our Circle Hawaii cruise on April 6! The most sea days in a row before this has been 2.....and I've always said I cruise for the ports. :)

Thank goodness we have a great group of CCrs on this cruise, I'm sure I won't get bored. :D

To answer the original question: NO!

I thought the same thing when I was about to embark on my first 6 day transatlantic crossing. No land, no shore excursions, whatever would one do at sea for that long a period of time? Well......I must admit I was the busiest I had ever been on any cruise and didn't miss land once. So I think 7 days at sea would be bliss for me.

David

My upcoming cruise only has 4 sea days and only 2 of them together. Since I have been to most of the scheduled port's (too many times), I'm going to make this cruise about the ship and relax and pamper and ect. Nowhere to be at any given time, this time...

First of all, it does not have to be either or. One may be crazy AND like lots of sea days. :)

I am currently trying to convince DW to do a T/A repo that has 7 sea days and am not getting far.

Keep us posted pease.

Cheers

Mark

I love sea days but in moderation. I think seven in a row is a few too many for me. Maybe I'd enjoy it more than I think but I think about five in a row would be as many as I'd really liike.

I did a cruise with 3 sea days in a row and was ready to jump ship on the 3rd one. It wasn't a lack of activities because I could find things to do - I just really wanted to see some land. I try to stick with lots of port days and no more than 2 sea days in a row.

Just wondering. I was looking at a transatlantic cruise yesterday and thought that 7 days at sea would be very relaxing. However, my significant other thinks I'm out of my mind. What do you think?

We've done 4 transatlantic cruises and are booked for a 5th one in October. Most of our ta's have had more than 5 sea days. One had 8 sea days. We both love the sea days. I take a book to a comfortable nook where I can look out at the endless ocean (we never book a balcony because we can't afford it, or else we'd have fewer cruises).

My husband prefers to chat with other passengers in the lounges or other public areas. He also likes to take part in the ship-sponsored activities such as team trivia.

What we really love is the non-schedule, sleeping as late as we wish, having coffee and pastries in our cabin, bundling up and lounging on a chaise lounge in the pool area.

We'd agree with you that a non-scheduled week is relaxing.

You are kind. I am so stuck on this idea as being a great one. Kind of a do-nothing period of time that is lacking in my life. My beloved thinks I am bonkers, well that is par, but I'll let you know how this goes.

Happy daylight savings time to you....I'm trying to keep my eyes open. Not

v e r y succ ess ful. G'night.:)

We booked a transatlantic cruise last year, but after re-evaluating how bored we were on a previous Panama Canal cruise that had multiple sea days, we cancelled it, and feel like we made the best decision for us. Though we enjoy parts of the cruising experience, we have realized we like frequent port stops, with the opportunity to visit many places, and enjoy less the time spent on the ship that involves so much eating, changing clothes, and planning our time around the daily schedules. If we want to just relax, we travel to one place and just stay there, where we can set our own time table. :) Everyone is different, so you will have to figure out what you enjoy, and plan accordingly.

No such thing as too many sea days. Have every third one scenic cruising, and the rest totally at sea. Wonderful!

The most I've ever done is 8 sea days in a row. It was a Vancouver to Ft. Lauderdale, and we kept missing ports on the west coast of Mexico due to three hurricanes in a row. It was great fun!

A pleasant "It was great fun!" post about missing several ports, due to three huricanes in a row (!), reveals more about the genial attitute of the poster than how many sea days she prefers.

I would gladly sail with you any day, Ruth. I have a feeling the iceberg would have lost the confrontation if you had been on the Titanic! :)

I have seriously been looking at Trans-atlantic cruises lately. My kids think I'm crazy, they dont even want to talk about it, but they are on their way out anyway (one is a freshman in college and one is a high school junior) Just kidding, of course, but I really think a transatlantic is one that we will look at when we don't have these antsy teenage boys to worry about entertaining. I could easily spend 7 days on my balcony reading good books.

Paula

I think one sea day is too many. :eek:

Anything I can do on board I can do at home without being confined in a metal box. I might change my mind if the captain would down a tender boat so we could snorkel/dive along side. Otherwise, fuggedaboudit.

We were on the 33-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise on the Rotterdam in January. The last part of the trip was 6 full days at sea. By the 3rd day I couldn't wait to get off the ship! I didn't think the activities onboard were all that interesting. And the ones that were of interest had been recycled over and over again during the cruise, so I had already done them. Previously our longest cruise had been 14 days. We detected a definite difference in shipboard atmosphere on the longer cruise. The shorter cruises seem much more festive. I don't think we would ever consider another cruise with so many sea days in a row. I also don't think we would consider such a long cruise in the future.

We leave Saturday for a transatlantic on Windstar. There will be 12 consecutive days at sea. We have one entire suitcase full of books and dvds. I can't imagine anything better! Usually we like to stop in ports, but this is truly a different kind of vacation.

Archived